Seeing the older pics does make me kinda miss having the Clio. We’ve all had some great days on track together
why not have both?!

my clio is destined to live in a garage ready to pull out, and create clouds of smoke at any track where mates are going. all about the socials!

Reactions: EthanMenace
Wes features a few times in this video. Either his car got hot so he had to slow down, or after a few good laps he was just lurking for more victims to overtake? I think it is the second one.

Having watched that I defo think you should be in third gear taking the the right hander at the end of the back straight twisty bit. Seems awfully slow and there’s so little time spent in exit in second I reckon keep to third and barrel it round would save a fair bit of time. Just my two penneth mate other than that nice and smooth

Reactions: burrellbloke
Having watched that I defo think you should be in third gear taking the the right hander at the end of the back straight twisty bit. Seems awfully slow and there’s so little time spent in exit in second I reckon keep to third and barrel it round would save a fair bit of time. Just my two penneth mate other than that nice and smooth

I should have tried it to be fair. Us NA peasants don’t have much pull down there though!

Reactions: Big Ben and Beany
From watching the mad man Wes, clearly as an advisable suggestion as I’m no Stirling moss but to which I followed.

The tight left and right after the back straight can be done in 3rd, I did also notice that you short shifted before bum hole into 4th.. that can be almost flat 3rd then shift to 4th ready for coram

I had a few exits in 3rd and it felt mega slow, 2nd feels the best for the exit of Nelson. With the 3rd/4th gear through bumbhole, I found 4th feels like it has more grip but again, it's all down to preference.

That man is fast.

He seems to like flicking it in hard initially presumably for weight transfer, then quite a lot of steering input rather than smooth

That man is fast.

He seems to like flicking it in hard initially presumably for weight transfer, then quite a lot of steering input rather than smooth

Yeah he has a very different style to the ‘norm’, sends it straight to the edge and then controls it.