Also is the washer bottle same on all MK3s? As I needed a filler neck but I bought the whole lot, so the bottom is sitting in the attic if you want it?

I think they are all the same. If you are not going to use it let me know how much you want for it?

I think they are all the same. If you are not going to use it let me know how much you want for it?

Nothing mate, so I'll dig it out the attic and you're welcome to it, just cover postage or something and it's all good (cos I apparently did break it haha), I'll get it out the attic and take pics so you can see if it's the same.

Reactions: burrellbloke
Disclaimer: I did no ripping, I literally pointed at it and said "look it's leaking here" when they had a leak....and whoooooshhhh it pissed itself (I have this effect on women too....mainly pissing themselves laughing at me...but anyways).....

Also is the washer bottle same on all MK3s? As I needed a filler neck but I bought the whole lot, so the bottom is sitting in the attic if you want it?
197 and 200 bottles are different

Well I got it from a MK3, not sure if it was a phase 1 or 2, as the filler necks are the same from memory, so I'll take pics, if it is from a later, you're welcome to it.

Reactions: burrellbloke
I had a delivery from @RSRowe today.

A0040856-1E47-436F-A4C3-02BB29CCD4FA.jpeg

This will have to wait until next week or the Jubilee bank holiday to get it all sorted.

Now I have seen the size of the ducting pipe I think I might have to invest in a replacement washer bottle as the existing washer bottle will have to be really butchered to make it fit?

Reactions: NWDSdaz
I had another delivery today. I found some used TRS Magnum harnesses for sale for a reasonable price which were the right colour.

3E738166-6FB4-4F62-B73B-13468FDECB21.jpeg

I now need to acquire a set of eyelet bolts for where the front seatbelt bolts go and the exhaust tunnel (and spreader plates). Does anyone know the size of the seatbelt bolts so I can get the eyelet bolts in the same size?

Reactions: Paul_D
Yesterday and today @EthanMenace, with some assistance from me, sorted out the brake ducts that we had ordered from @RSRowe.

We had taken off the bumper before to have a look at what space there was behind the front arch liners and I had decided that a cheap aftermarket washer bottle would be needed if there was no way of adapting the OEM washer bottle with a heat gun.

IMG_3397.jpeg

Once we had the OEM washer bottle off it was a very easy decision to go with the cheap alternative washer bottle. We decided against trying to mould the original washer bottle with a heat gun. The OEM bottle looks big when you see it bolted on to the car, but it is not actually that big when you consider that the back of it is basically folded in to make space for the motor. We managed to use the original neck filler tube.

IMG_3411.jpeg

The brake ducts were fitted to the inside of the bumper in the fog light moulds that had so far gone unused on the Cup.

IMG_3395 (1).jpeg

The ducts fitted well behind the fog light surrounds that @PITA swapped with me for my fog light blanks.

IMG_3396 (1).jpeg

We decided to try and fit the ducting couplers so that they fed cold air at an angle to the wheel rather than just blow air at the tyre if the steering was straight.

IMG_3399 (1).jpeg

That was a great idea until we realised that the edge of the coupler would foul the inside edge of the tyre when it was on full lock. So off came the arch liners (they have been on and off the car a lot over the past two days) and the couplers were trimmed down.

IMG_3412 (1).jpeg

The ducting was held on using jubilee clips to the arch liner coupler - I guess this was an appropriate use of jubilee clips on a Platinum Jubilee bank holiday weekend? We had attached the ducting to the coupler before the arch liners were fitted.

IMG_3398 (1).jpeg

When both arch liners were in we then trimmed the ducting and put on a jubilee clip loosely on each end of the ducting that was going to be attached to the fog light brake ducts. The bumper went back on and we used the small "service" flaps in the bottom of the bumper tray to access the brake ducts to secure the ducting tightly with the jubilee clips.

IMG_3413 (1).jpeg

Once the wheels were back on we double checked that neither wheel was catching on the coupler on the arch liner. Job done.

I have used the good weather to soak and clean up the used harnesses that I had acquired recently.

IMG_3394 (1).jpeg

A lot of the grime on the harnesses has come off after a soak and a scrub with a soft brush and some liquid washing detergent. As there are still two days left to the four day weekend we will see if we can remove the front seatbelts and install the harnesses.

Another small addition made to the Clio today was a Zero Point One tow eye adapter and a TRS tow loop. The TRS tow loop was drilled out to fit on the tow eye. The tow eye cover was trimmed slightly so that the tow loop can stick out when being used. For some reason the tow loop looks really long.

3196A40E-BC44-4C5E-9AA4-A5C070763704.jpeg

First time I’ve had that feedback on the couplers.
I will change them so there’s only a lip on the one side. I can send you a new pair out if you like?

It wasn’t a criticism of your couplers. It was the fact that we mounted them at an angle that caused the issue. If they had been mounted facing the tyre tread there would not have been a problem - I am guessing that is what most people do.

Thank you for offering to send out new ones but they are fine.

Reactions: RSRowe
Today I took a long walk with the dog and had a long lunch with the Wife whilst @EthanMenace did more work to the Clio.

He removed the front and rear seatbelts from the car. I then turned up and helped to drill holes in the exhaust tunnel to fit eye bolts for the lap straps by laying under the car on a creeper and shouting when I saw the drill bit come through the chassis. We managed the fit the eyebolt spreader plates on the underside of the exhaust tunnel with a good amount of sealant. The eyebolts screwed in nicely. The other set of eyebolts went straight in to the holes where the original front seatbelt bolts had been.

The harnesses were then put in place.

CE7C01EC-D4C8-49E6-8BD0-382A4899178A.jpeg

We have purchased some new shoulder straps so added them to the hsrnesses

8788422F-C6EB-49C9-B01B-6BFAF364B224.jpeg

We still need to use CLIP to code out the inevitable error messages that will appear when we next start the car.

Steady progress has been made over the bank holiday weekend. All of the tasks I wanted to finish before Donington in about 10 days time have (nearly) been sorted.