I forgot to say happy birthday to the Clio last week. It was 11 years old on 4th March 2022.

51406510095_d00671cab6_o.jpeg

It is odd how much I like this car. When I go out in the mornings to work I still think about whether I should take the Clio or the Megane? I usually opt for the more comfortable ride in the Megane but as the weather warms up and the roads stay dry it will be a more difficult choice. I am fairy lucky in that I have several routes I can take to get to work and most involve the choice between some B roads or a dual carriageway.

Reactions: Beany and Sean197
I ordered a camber shim and toe shim from Pure Motorsport this week to even out the camber and toe on the rear beam.

Screenshot 2022-03-12 at 16.01.37.png

I ordered a 30 minute camber shim for the passenger side to take the rear camber to minus 2 degrees, and a 10 minute shim for the drivers side to see get the rear toe out back to 16 minutes. We disassembled the rear end of the car - wheels off, callipers off, discs off, rear damper disconnected from the beam, then off came the sub axles.

IMG_3061.jpeg

The passenger side shim went on.

IMG_3063.jpeg

Then the drivers side toe shim went on. We had put in a camber shim about a year ago that was a but rusty and can be seen nestling next to the new toe shim.

IMG_3064.jpeg

Hopefully the rear geometry is now a bit more even.

I have ordered some expensive brand new rear brake callipers from Poland. I could not find any used genuine red callipers on eBay or new from any parts suppliers online in the UK.

I toyed with the idea of getting the existing callipers refurbished by MS Custom Engineering for £155. My track day season kicks off on 6th April 2022 with track days booked for April, May, June, July and August so far. I did not want to leave the car so I could not use it for a few weeks, just in case there were any delays and the callipers were not back in time in between the track day dates.

It is a good thing that I have done some overtime recently.

Replacing the rear callipers is no doubt a task that is not needed - but this car gets treated well so why not eh?

I have ordered some expensive brand new rear brake callipers from Poland. I could not find any used genuine red callipers on eBay or new from any parts suppliers online in the UK.

I toyed with the idea of getting the existing callipers refurbished by MS Custom Engineering for £155. My track day season kicks off on 6th April 2022 with track days booked for April, May, June, July and August so far. I did not want to leave the car so I could not use it for a few weeks, just in case there were any delays and the callipers were not back in time in between the track day dates.

It is a good thing that I have done some overtime recently.

Replacing the rear callipers is no doubt a task that is not needed - but this car gets treated well so why not eh?
In for a penny….

I make you right on the new calipers. Won’t ever need doing again and Guaranteed to be perfect.
It’s only money:thumb:

Can anyone tell me what size spigot rings I will need for my 17" Oz Ultraleggeras? I need to sort out these wheels as they have been sitting around since last year.

This week I have acquired some spigot rings and shiny new wheel bolts for the Ultraleggeras.

IMG_3087.jpeg

I have struck a deal with @PITA to buy his yellow JP Cages half cage and will go and get in on Saturday, next weekend. The plan is to take the Clio to Solihull and put the cage in the Clio and drive it home. We will have to sort out drilling and bolting the cage in afterwards fairly quickly as the first track day of the year is an evening session at Brands Hatch on 6th April 2022.

I had the pleasure of a drive out in the Clio this weekend in the dry sunny weather. I drove round some quiet A roads with lots of large sweeping roundabouts. The car feels really good with the Gaz Golds, new geo set up and the Gripper. The only time I suffered with any handling problems was a bit of lift off over steer, but that was driver error and not the cars fault. The Clio will get a proper shakedown at Brands Hatch.