Future RS200 owner - help on spec.

Welcome mate.

Pleased to hear you are getting a RS 200 in the best colour Albi blue. :smiley:

Although the speedlines are a bit pricier as far as the alloys are concerned, i would purchase them. I would purchase them in anthracite colour (dark gun metal grey). This is a great colour because you have a mixture of them standing out but not too loud as if you got them in white, but it's entiley up to you mate.

In regards to the spoiler, it would be a cup spoiler you are on about. Bit pricey i know but it gives the clio a much sportier look from all angles.

They come standard with a black gloss rear diffuser, it's only the anthracite colour rear diffuser that would be an optional extra.

Recaro's look lush to. :smiley:

Funnily enough I popped down to my local Renault dealership in Basingstoke, and got a clio sport brochure which has all the spec and optional extra's in. Also got a price guide to. I don't know if you have got one of these to hand?

As much as I would like to get a brand new RS 200 I am saving up for a Albi blue RS 197, yes with the cup spoiler as well. :smiley:

The end of the day it all is down to your budget.

All the best with your purchase and they are amazing cars, and your love for your 200 will last for a long time

Chris

Did you get a quote on the pcp deals?

I was looking for a white 197 but a 2nd hand one was working out the same price as a brand new 200!

Did you get a quote on the pcp deals?

I was looking for a white 197 but a 2nd hand one was working out the same price as a brand new 200!

Hi Mate.

good to hear from you.

What you mean by pcp deals?

Talking of 197's, there was a red 197, can't remember what age it was, i think about 07, but can't remember milleage for 10k on the forecourt. It wasn't for me, but i thought it was a bit pricey for that age, and spec 2 mate.

Quick update as promised, the HTC / Google Maps works fine also in the Clio via Bluetooth also over the speakers.

I've had factory-fit Nav' in other cars in the past and wouldn't go for it again mainly as it dates quickly and is something which is good at first but quickly surpassed.

Not a fan of PCPs here also, but it's a case of whatever suits the buyer at the end of the day.

Hi Mate.

good to hear from you.

What you mean by pcp deals?

Talking of 197's, there was a red 197, can't remember what age it was, i think about 07, but can't remember milleage for 10k on the forecourt. It wasn't for me, but i thought it was a bit pricey for that age, and spec 2 mate.

PCP deals are a lease with the option to buy at the end of the agreement. Renault offer some particularly good offers at the moment especially considering the GFV (guranteed final value) is below what the car should be worth more than the final value after 2 years. I have never taken finance on anything in my life but it was hard to say no to this one.

^^^same here. Looked at what the car should be worth looking at well specced 197s after 3 years and the gfv was quite a bit lower. So should have some 'equity' in the car instead of giving it back and having nothing to show for it. It'll be a deposit on the next car is how I see it.

I've had factory-fit Nav' in other cars in the past and wouldn't go for it again mainly as it dates quickly and is something which is good at first but quickly surpassed.

The Clio navs are tomtom Ones, so are pretty capable IMO. They also show the track names etc like the monitor so aren't *just* a tomtom stuck on top of the dash...

I guess it's all down to personal choice, much like the financing.

I have my test drive tomorrow, so hopefully if all goes well I'll stick my order in!

Rich

As you said, personal choice at the end of the day and I must admit that I was tempted until I saw it and then just thought, err, no.

Hope the test drive goes well, I'm sure you'll like it, where is it at?

I'm sure you'll post a full report and what you've ordered! :wink:

Right test drive was great, I like the car.

The sales guy was not great though. I turned up (after arranging to come in) and the original salse guy told me to rock in "any time". So, I did but this sales guy said they normally need to know a time.. hmm. I asked if he wanted my to go away and not buy a Renault then?

So, he huffed and puffed a bit, moved the cars around a bit and got the Clio 200 out that had the cup pack. Then we had to go and buy petrol... then I got a drive, child in the back :smiley:

So, the car was nice.. felt tight and not crashy. My son said it wasn't too noisy and liked it, and I was impressed by the pick up and throttle response of the car in general.

It did make me think a more sensible option would be to buy one 2nd hand and save a wedge... hmm, still thinking on that one.

After the test drive we sent through the spec list and had came up with a price about £1000 more than the best quote I had, so I mentioned this to him and he got a bit shirty and said "I wish you had told me your target price before we went through all this".. I was hoping he would match it, but he said he's not interested and generally gave the impression I had wasted his time.

"Peace of mind that you bought from a local dealer?"... sure, but £1000 worth...

So, looking now at either a spanking new one.. 10 week wait.. or buy the best spec one I can find on the 2nd hand market and save a few pennies.

One things for sure.. Renault Reading didn't impress me, luckily the car did!

Rich

Last edited:
Yup, I'll be on the hunt for a 2nd hand 2010 car now to save a few quid. Hopefully one will turn up in the right colour and the right spec (or near enough!)

Rich

The sales guy was not great though. I turned up (after arranging to come in) and the original salse guy told me to rock in "any time". So, I did but this sales guy said they normally need to know a time.. hmm. I asked if he wanted my to go away and not buy a Renault then?

So, he huffed and puffed a bit, moved the cars around a bit and got the Clio 200 out that had the cup pack. Then we had to go and buy petrol... then I got a drive, child in the back :smiley:

So, the car was nice.. felt tight and not crashy. My son said it wasn't too noisy and liked it, and I was impressed by the pick up and throttle response of the car in general.

It did make me think a more sensible option would be to buy one 2nd hand and save a wedge... hmm, still thinking on that one.

After the test drive we sent through the spec list and had came up with a price about £1000 more than the best quote I had, so I mentioned this to him and he got a bit shirty and said "I wish you had told me your target price before we went through all this".. I was hoping he would match it, but he said he's not interested and generally gave the impression I had wasted his time.

"Peace of mind that you bought from a local dealer?"... sure, but £1000 worth...

So, looking now at either a spanking new one.. 10 week wait.. or buy the best spec one I can find on the 2nd hand market and save a few pennies.

Rich

Not good, have you fed this back onthe RS forum? RUK need to know the level of service their dealers are and arn't in this case giving :thumbdown:

Rich

If you wanted a top spec with almost everything you can buy on it i might be selling mine its only done 3000 miles

I'm either tempted to build into a track car and keep it long term or sell it now as i have my eye on something else.

My Spec

2010 CLIO 200 FF
3000 MILES
DEEP BLACK
CUP CHASSIS PACK
RENAULT STEREO UPGRADE
SPEEDLINE SATIN BLACK WHEELS
RENAULTSPORT RECARO’S
RENAULTSPORT FULL LEATHER I.D UPGRADE
RENAULTSPORT MATS
HEATED ELECTRIC FOLDING MIRRORS
BLUETOOTH HANDS FREE
USB CONNECTION / IPOD CONNECTION
EXTRA REAR TINTED WINDOWS
FIXED CORNER LIGHTS
RENAULT CUP SPOLIER
RENAULT CARBON SIDE SKIRTS
PRIVATE PLATE: CL10 +++

Well spec'd 100% mint and standard will sell for a good sensible price.

Last edited:
Yup, I'll be on the hunt for a 2nd hand 2010 car now to save a few quid. Hopefully one will turn up in the right colour and the right spec (or near enough!)

Rich

I looked at Clio 200's and Megane 250's second hand and it made no sense to buy one for me due to the finance being a lot more than the 0% on a new one, it just ended up working out about the same or more expensive than buying new.

Spec above though is quite tasty saying that! :wink:

Well, to get what I want on a 4yr 0% from renault I'm looking at about £19k as they seem to load the car price - still saving money over a generic car loan ~7.8% though.

Buying a 2nd hand RS200 with a good spec is between £13-15k on a normal 7.8% loan costs about £1k in interest over 3 years.

That and a 10 week wait would kill me :smiley:

'load the car price'? I got over £2k off list and 0%, brand new car, my spec and didn't wait 10 weeks just so you know...

What I meant is that if you negotiate a decent 'cash' price and then ask for 0% over 4 years, they load the price of the car - or they have with me anyway.

Did you get 0% on the quoted cash price they gave you then? I think we were talking about £17.1k cash for the spec I wanted, but by the time a 0% 4 year finance was discussed the 'total cost' came out at £18.9k ish.

Rich