Future RS200 owner - help on spec.

Thanks aint for your help bootsock, I might give the monitor a look-see then and rely on my HTC Desire for NAV..

One thing you may be interested to know then is that the Bluetooth option on the Clio is superb, I had no end of issues with my HTC Legend with Blue&Me on the old Alfa, even with the latest v5.5 update, however on the Clio, the Bluetooth integration is flawless and it'll even do audio streaming over Bluetooth, so not only can you make calls, you can even last.fm in the car!

Not had chance to try the Sat Nav out via the speakers yet as I only discovered this today and was busy listening random music off the net, can't see why it wouldn't work though which kind of negates the need for a factory system which also means £500-ish quid saved! :smiley:

Very surprised and impressed to say the least with this functionality.

Ah interesting.. you can push the sound through bluetooth? that would be cool if I can run sat nav and have the sound coming though the stereo speakers when listening to radio (for example).

Hmm, I'm getting excited and I haven't even order it yet!

How are you finding the cup suspension? Read our thread on it and I must say, I'm concerned I'll get constant grief from the Mrs and my 5 yr old son from the ride quality. Saying that, I'm current driving around an Alpina B3S with SPAX coilovers! :smiley:

Rich

Ok, this spec is getting silly...

So, nav has now been dropped, monitor kit in and mirror upgrade too :smiley: So much for saving money by not having the nav!

So..

FF RS200
Blue
Std. grey alloys
Monitor (inc. BT and USB)
Corner lights
Recaros
Folding mirrors
Cup spoiler

Phew..

Rich

Last edited:
I have a 197 and have gone on some fairly long motorway journeys with my 3 kids in the back (11,12+13 yrs old) and they love it. Its a bit noisy at motorway speeds but they have plenty of room back there.
Your 5 year old will love it!

The black speedlines really suit albi. Just think, the front, diffuser and mirrors are black. Ties it in really well imo.

I'd urge you to consider a spoiler as I think the rear looks naked without one. My personal preference is the GT with the brake light on. Try and see one if you can

If you're gonna come up to Yorkshire for the deal, you might want to try Jamie at Harratts Wakefield, he sorted me out with a belting deal :wink:

Oh, and how many kids do you have? Only asking as I've heard of a few people ordering thinking it was a 5 seater!! D'oh

ah, just the one for now! :smile: The Mrs asked on telling her my plans "Will our tent and camping gear still fit in it with a roof rack"... err no luv. You need to get a toe hook on your 307 :smiley:

Rich

I managed a week in Scotland with all the gear for an 8 month old. It is possible if you want to.

But yeah, mucky camping stuff.......erm your car love

I'll try and give the maps navigation a try in the morning for you if I get chance.

The cup chassis I've found to be fine, I do a 70 mile round trip to work and its great on all the types of roads it goes on, the thing which surprised me more than anything is how easy going it is on the motorway.

Great car.

I'm assuming the leather is a fair few quite on top of the normal recaro seats? I actually like the design of the non leather jobbies and frankly, if they're not heated then leather might annoy me in winter!

Rich

Depends what dealer u buy the car from I guess on how much the charge you.

I got a huge discount off the whole car so I couldn't say how much I paid for that extra.

I love mine, they look stunning.

Other plus when my kid drops something on the seats quick wipe good as new.

Ok, this spec is getting silly...

So, nav has now been dropped, monitor kit in and mirror upgrade too :smiley: So much for saving money by not having the nav!

So..

FF RS200
Blue
Std. grey alloys
Monitor (inc. BT and USB)
Corner lights
Recaros
Folding mirrors
Cup spoiler

Phew..

Rich

You not going for the cup suspension?

Have you shopped around Rich? there are some good deals out there, dont go with the first offer and if you prepped to travel your in a good position.

Hey Maz, I've hit drive the deal and was contacted by a Yorkshire based dealer.. I've messed with the spec a bit since chatting to them, but I'm looking to pay around £17,100.

I'm not into giving away money, so I'll be shopping around. At the end of the day, a 3 hour drive to save £1000, even £500 is money well spent, but being near-ish to the original seller is always handy in case it's a dog and you need to shout at someone.