Future RS200 owner - help on spec.

Hey guys, first post here, so be gentle! :smile:

I'm about to put an order in for an RS200 and I'm hoping you guys can help me out on spec. I'm in Reading and the dealer is a bit.. well.. of a one man band, who don't seem overly helpful although it looks like they have limited resources!

So, I'm 32 yrs old so I've gone for the full fat 200 as I need some toys in life, but I'm looking at:

- Clio RS 200 in Albi Blue
- Cup kit
- Anthracite wheels
- Recaros
- Stereo upgrade (bluetooth + USB)
- Sat nav (I get lost without one and hate dash board wires) :huh:
- Corner lighting (to get projector lenses)

I'm also interested in the bigger rear spoiler, but I don't know what it's called?

Are there any other options I should know about before putting my order in? i.e. I've seen some cars have black front and rear diffuser, some have grey. I'd like black, so would I need to specify that when ordering?! Also, some cars come with different colour callipers, can you choose that too?

Anyone here have kids that have been driven about in the back? If so.. is the exhaust noisy/boomy on the motorway?

Great forum btw!

Rich

Welcome Rich :smile:

Cup spoiler is the name of the spoiler.

The red callipers come with the cup suspension.

If your getting the bluetooth, you can get therenault sport monitor for an extra £120 as part of the monitor pack, not sure if this works with the sat nav though.

Hi Maz, thanks for the reply. I don't think you can have both Nav and Monitor as they seem to go in the same place on the dashboard.

It looks like Renault have changed their options/package in the last few days which has confused me!

Rich

...I would get the Rensport Monitor as its a good bit of kit and gets Bluetooth (I missed out on it as I bought mine before it was available)...and live with a separate sat nav...the 'caminat' looks GASH on the dash!!....the Anthracite bumper and diffuser is an option.....black is standard so no need to spec this....cup pack also has anthracite wheels included so don't need to pay extra for them!....I reckon you can easily get that lot for £17500...certainly no more than £18000.....Have you seen the GT spoiler....looks better IMO!

Hey slime, I'm looking at paying £17,100 for the above spec.. hmm, not sure what use the monitor is going to be to me! (what does it actually do!?)

I don't think I've seen the GT spoiler, got any pics?

edit: Ah, ok, so they've just reshuffled the same options about a bit. It looks easier to understand now..

Rs monitor allows you to see how fast you accelerate and how much g force you can generate! A few on here have the GT spoiler but I haven't got any pics!

Have you spoken to Richard at Crawley down Renault? (Gatwick)

Best dealer i've used in a long long time. Great deals too.

I don't have the prices on me right now, but the dealer I was speaking to over the phone could do the Clio 200 (FF) for about £15k, then the options were full price I think.

It came out at £17,097 or something.. not cheap for a little car, but still much cheaper than a Mini JCW I was first looking at!

Rich

and i know which i'd rather have... the MINI cooper s is too popular really.
and as a HUGE fan of the 'real' :tongueout: Mini, i'm bound to be against them lol.

stu.

and i know which i'd rather have... the MINI cooper s is too popular really.

stu.

Wasn't the Cooper S with the JCW upgrade, it was a 2008 'full fat' John Cooper Works edition - bigger turbo, uprated pistons etc. Can be safely remapped to something stupid like 270bhp, apparently!

slime, I went through 'drive the deal' who hooked me up with a dealer 'op North. I'm finding out at the weekend if the Reading branch will match that price before committing as the Yorkshire dealer needed me to pick it up from them and go up to sign loan agreements etc (it's about 3 hours drive for me!)

Rich

oh right, okay. what do they go for then?
they should match the price, if they care about custom.
garages seem to differ hugely; some will go out their way to get your business, and others couldn't give a toss, lol.

stu.

I think Reading are the latter. First time I went, there was one guy, no cars and their *only* Clio 200 wasn't there as the other sales guy was on holiday and took the car with him!

The JCW is typically about £18k for a 2008 car, £24k odd new I think. Quite nice though as they are 1.6 turbos. After an 'agressive' test drive I got back to the dealer at it returned 32mpg!

MINI_JCW_1_Large.jpg

Anyway, the back seats and boot are pointless... so a Clio it is! :smiley:

Rich

Definitely cup it up, now I've got mine, I can't believe that I wasn't going to spec it, also if you're going for Bluetooth, for a small amount extra you'd be mad not to get it as part of the monitor pack! :smile:

Anthracite wheels from the cup pack are my favourite wheels, I toyed with the idea of a spoiler in the end and nearly went for the GT spec, although now I've got the car I'm really happy with the look of it without anything.

I'd not suggest going for the Tom Tom option as it's got a massive, not very attractive surround which looks a little cheap, and it's not compatible with the RenaultSport Monitor which ruled it out for me.

See my spec pontificating here if it helps...

http://clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6002

Last edited by a moderator: