Future RS200 owner - help on spec.

One question I do have is that when in the dealer I was offered a 3yr 0% deal on the car.. but he didn't seem interested in moving from the book price.

If I manage to get a dealer to a decent price, will this 0% still be available do you think? That would save me bucket loads in interest if it is...

Rich

I prefer the original wheels, although haven't seen the speedlines in person to judge... got a piccy?

Hmm, thinking about going back to the nav and not the monitor... I can see the monitor being fun on track and for about a week on the road, but after that it's a bit pointless. The nav might be ugly, but at least it's useful!

FF RS200
Cup pack
Blue
Std. athricite alloys
Tomtom
Stereo upgrade (inc. BT and USB)
Corner lights
Recaros
Cup spoiler

Folding mirrors are also out now..

Last edited:
also - these are the wheels i've ordered. remind me of the 197 wheels, and i prefer these to the double 5 spokes you get standard.

thanks, stu,

One question I do have is that when in the dealer I was offered a 3yr 0% deal on the car.. but he didn't seem interested in moving from the book price.

If I manage to get a dealer to a decent price, will this 0% still be available do you think? That would save me bucket loads in interest if it is...

Rich

That sounds like a poor dealer.

Mine is on 0% and I certainly didn't say close to list.

these are the speedlines mate -
00015968h.jpg

They are 'raider' alloys.

This is speedlines :

clio_197_cup_2.jpg

Dropped lookers an email this morning...

If I can get a good deal onthis spec AND have a 3yr 0% interest deal then I'll be chuffed! I hate paying interest, it reminds me that I really should have up to uy a car :smiley:

Rich

Dropped lookers an email this morning...

If I can get a good deal onthis spec AND have a 3yr 0% interest deal then I'll be chuffed! I hate paying interest, it reminds me that I really should have up to uy a car :smiley:

Rich

Have you looked at the PCP deals? They are spread over 2 rather than 3 years and are very popular on this forum.

Give andy@wests a call. I'm not sure how much support they have on a 0% deal but should still be good.

I'm not a fan of PCP deals as you need to be careful not to fall into negative equity on them (i.e. when you sell the car you still owe £thousands as you've been payuing so little per month). I plan on doing 17k/year in the car, so it'l going to effect the resale value in a big way.

From making a few calls it looks like I'm going with a 0% deal over 4 years with a £3k deposit..

So, next a test drive on Saturday... all going well I'll put my order in later that day ready for a early Feb delivery :smiley:

Thanks for your help guys, everyones been so helpful!

Rich

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of PCP deals as you need to be careful not to fall into negative equity on them (i.e. when you sell the car you still owe £thousands as you've been payuing so little per month). I plan on doing 17k/year in the car, so it'l going to effect the resale value in a big way.

From making a few calls it looks like I'm going with a 0% deal over 4 years with a £3k deposit..

So, next a test drive on Saturday... all going well I'll put my order in later that day ready for a early Feb delivery :smiley:

Thanks for your help guys, everyones been so helpful!

Rich

PCP deals have a guaranteed final value. If you find yourself in negative equity (unlikely) then you just hand the car back and walk away. Infact, the car should be worth more than the GFV at the end of the 2 years so you will have some equity.

yeah the main selling point of PCP is to protect you against negative equity, if you get in it then you can hand the car back and walk away.

PCP probably best if you plan on swapping the car every 3 years as well.

But it seems odd to me to pay £302/month for two years and have nothing (equity) to show for it. At the end of the 2 years I can buy the car back for £8100.

Paying £340 on 0% for 4 years pays for it outright, so I can sell it and use the money to invest in the next car.

Hmm, maybe they're actually very simular deals, I just can't mentally get to grips with paying for a car in this way :smiley:

Rich

I'm with you on the PCP deals Rich, but it's swings and roundabouts. What works for one person, wont necessarily be ideal for the next.

I bought my 200 as I'd rather own it at the end than face refinancing or handing it back etc.

My spec is -

GW
Cup Chassis
Black Speedlines
Black ext pack
Recaro's
Carbon dash
Electric mirrors
Auto lights/wipers
Cornering lights
Cup spoiler

I missed out on the RS monitor as it wasn't available when I ordered the car.

Clean 4.jpg

:thumbup:

Hey guys, first post here, so be gentle! :smile:

I'm about to put an order in for an RS200 and I'm hoping you guys can help me out on spec. I'm in Reading and the dealer is a bit.. well.. of a one man band, who don't seem overly helpful although it looks like they have limited resources!

So, I'm 32 yrs old so I've gone for the full fat 200 as I need some toys in life, but I'm looking at:

- Clio RS 200 in Albi Blue
- Cup kit
- Anthracite wheels
- Recaros
- Stereo upgrade (bluetooth + USB)
- Sat nav (I get lost without one and hate dash board wires) :huh:
- Corner lighting (to get projector lenses)

I'm also interested in the bigger rear spoiler, but I don't know what it's called?

Are there any other options I should know about before putting my order in? i.e. I've seen some cars have black front and rear diffuser, some have grey. I'd like black, so would I need to specify that when ordering?! Also, some cars come with different colour callipers, can you choose that too?

Anyone here have kids that have been driven about in the back? If so.. is the exhaust noisy/boomy on the motorway?

Great forum btw!

Rich

Welcome mate.

Pleased to hear you are getting a RS 200 in the best colour Albi blue. :smiley:

Although the speedlines are a bit pricier as far as the alloys are concerned, i would purchase them. I would purchase them in anthracite colour (dark gun metal grey). This is a great colour because you have a mixture of them standing out but not too loud as if you got them in white, but it's entiley up to you mate.

In regards to the spoiler, it would be a cup spoiler you are on about. Bit pricey i know but it gives the clio a much sportier look from all angles.

They come standard with a black gloss rear diffuser, it's only the anthracite colour rear diffuser that would be an optional extra.

Recaro's look lush to. :smiley:

Funnily enough I popped down to my local Renault dealership in Basingstoke, and got a clio sport brochure which has all the spec and optional extra's in. Also got a price guide to. I don't know if you have got one of these to hand?

As much as I would like to get a brand new RS 200 I am saving up for a Albi blue RS 197, yes with the cup spoiler as well. :smiley:

The end of the day it all is down to your budget.

All the best with your purchase and they are amazing cars, and your love for your 200 will last for a long time

Chris