Fuel Gauge won't update!

I made a bit of a stupid mistake earlier...

I filled the car up with £30 of petrol and didn't realise but I had left the engine running! (was very loud on the forecourt) After doing about 40miles since then, the fuel guage is now pretty much on zero and trip says 0miles left etc.

I was hoping this would sort it's self out.. I did this in the morning and I have just been out to the car and its still saying the incorrect fuel level (empty) anyway I can reset it?

opps! :huh:

You need to put some more fuel in. I did the exact same thing the other day too stupid as it sounds.

I went and put another £20 of Momentum99 in and it sorted it out to the correct level.

because it's keyless, so jumped out quickly to fill up without pressing the stop enigne buton. Also, it was busy on the forecourt so didn't hear the engine.

The cup's have keys don't they?

Just for anyone else having this problem, you need to put more fuel in like DanT said. I tried disconnecting the battery for a short while and it had no effect, put some more fuel in and it jumped up!

Lesson learned lol!

because it's keyless, so jumped out quickly to fill up without pressing the stop enigne buton. Also, it was busy on the forecourt so didn't hear the engine.

The cup's have keys don't they?

Cups have keys yes, but you dont need to take it out to open the petrol cap. Even with the keyless card, I'm not sure I'd forget to turn the engine off :rofl:

my mate had same happen.

Best to park up somewhere & turn the engine off for 10mins.

Didn't work at as mentioned above, I left it for about 5 hours.

Cups have keys yes, but you dont need to take it out to open the petrol cap. Even with the keyless card, I'm not sure I'd forget to turn the engine off

yeah yeah i know silly thing to do :tongueout: lol was in a rush

I've forgotten to turn mine off to, tesco car park of all places! Think I only realised because I couldn't lock the door!

I gotta agree with N0ddie even with the keyless fuel cap surely you wouldnt leave it running when you go and pay?

...this is a bit of a problem me thinks....if you walk away with the key card the engine should shut down but it doesn't!! My mates Dad's Laguna does though!!

...this is a bit of a problem me thinks....if you walk away with the key card the engine should shut down but it doesn't!! My mates Dad's Laguna does though!!

I dunno i thought it was just that you couldnt drive the car without the key card with you etc.

.....did a test....started car and put the key in the house....I could drive the car down the drive (about 20 metres).....just a warning that the card was not present....the key was at least ten metres from the car when I did this....so, could some one drive your car away without the key if its running already?