Extracting more power from the 200

hi guys

ive had my clio 200 for 3 months now and realy would like to start getting some extra power from it.

im trying to search if their is much avaliable for them at the mo but no finding much.

In my mind I was thinking of a new downpipe, and system if their is one avaliable for the 200?

A set of cams, throttle boddies and ecu?

has anyone had any experiance of doing this and is their much performance to be had?

Thanks guys

Jamie

Why would you buy a 200 if 3 months down the line u want more power ?

How much more are you wanting 5-10 or 10-50 ?

A remap is ok but probally the best value mod anything else is a little futile . Even a remap at 200+vat for 5-6 bhp is hardly cost effective mate .

Best of luck whatever you decide

Arron

my other car is a evo 9 which ive modified up to just over 500hp / 450ft/lb. I just enjoy doing bits to my cars thats all :smile:

I used to have a 205 gti6 on throttle boddies and remember how much fun that car was. If I could get 30-40hp out the car getting it to 230ish hp i reckon it would make the most of the chassis

Last edited:
Yeh mate beat re think sadly That type of figure is not achivable without 10k plus spent .

Spend the money on brake and suspension .

Matt at tdf is your man for remaps etc see the traders section you may need to join the forum as a paid member I can't remember . He is based is Cambridge

bottomless pit mate. im already going down the line of that with my 197 potentially costing 7 grand paying for the car twice in theory lol

Epic, details of both?? :wink:

30-40BHP you will only get with the 250BHP cup racer "kit"! Price is ££££££££

Oh ok fair enough. If its silly money it realy wouldnt be worth it I suppose. I spoke to K-tec about it and they couldnt be clear on things I could do to the car tbh.

The evo was a standard 06 GSR however i had forged, gt3076 turbo, hydra ems management and last time it was one the RR made 504hp :smile:

205 which i sold a few yrs back was a richard longmans gti6 engine with just over 230 hp. I sold the engine and put a t16 engine in it. Was quite a well know 205 in the peugeot owners clubs with just over 300hp.

Ive got plenty of pics if you want me to show ya

uuurrrmmmm no lol. clio is for work and every day i get a decent alowance from work towards a car so treated myself to a clio as i had a 172 cup back in 2002 and loved it

LOL. im sure you wouldnt lol.

Dont get me wrong I love the clio. Its so much fun but its nice to put your own touches to your car etc :smile:

Enough power... more torque for me!

Anyone know if the R26 engine is basicly the same with a turbo?

Last edited: