Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

Wow, what an amazing upgrade, Simon! So very chuffed for you, that is great! As Chris said, bit of a shame that a bad experience with a third party company has put you off your Gordini, however things happen for a reason, if you believe that stuff!

Can't say I've ever seen an R26 R in black before, normally white! I agree on the red wheels though, got to be done on that car!

Hopefully you will stick around on the forum - not just for the photos of the Meg :wink: but you seem like a really nice guy and a good person to have on board.

Hear-Hear !

Dont forget us peasant Clio owners :smile:

Reactions: Gordini and Jimmy
Whilst I'm genuinely pleased for you as well as more than a little bit envious I'm sad that we're not going to see the Gordini project completed. Had the makings of a very special car with the planned seats after all the other bits you did.

Welcome to the R26r club Gordini,red wheels only on these.looking at a firm called CGR automotive for a titanium exhaust to go on mine this year. Join RS megane for plenty of info for the megane. Happy driving

Reactions: Gordini
Wow, what an amazing upgrade, Simon! So very chuffed for you, that is great! As Chris said, bit of a shame that a bad experience with a third party company has put you off your Gordini, however things happen for a reason, if you believe that stuff!

Can't say I've ever seen an R26 R in black before, normally white! I agree on the red wheels though, got to be done on that car!

Hopefully you will stick around on the forum - not just for the photos of the Meg :wink: but you seem like a really nice guy and a good person to have on board.
Thanks Jimmy. Of course mate, you guys will have to ban me to keep me away :wink: I love this site :smile:

Welcome to the R26r club Gordini,red wheels only on these.looking at a firm called CGR automotive for a titanium exhaust to go on mine this year. Join RS megane for plenty of info for the megane. Happy driving
Phew... Thought I had the only non-titanium exhaust R26R in the world :wink:

Last edited:
What is it im hearing?no more clio for you ?
A very good replacement though..hope you enjoy it Simon..

What is it im hearing?no more clio for you ?
A very good replacement though..hope you enjoy it Simon..
Thanks Pav. I figured if I was buying most of the R26 bits anyway, why not buy the whole car :wink: I'll still be around here though :smile:

Reactions: Pav
So, after months of waiting, the old bloke hydrodipping my parts finally finished them. I spent a couple of hours this morning flatting and polishing a few runs in the lacquer he had missed, which was annoying as he should have done this. However, I didn't want to leave them with him any longer and he was extremely cheap. The finish now is very impressive.

I've just taken a quick pick of the rear diffuser for now but it looks great when you think it cost less than 10% the cost of a streamline carbon one.
IMG_20170114_101845_zpsqprepxqb.jpg

Hope to have the parts back on in the next few days when I have time.

Anyway, in a major U-turn the Clio is staying and I won't be getting the R26R. Mixed emotions I guess but I'm still convinced the Clio can be very special with a few more ideas I have thrown at it :smile:

Nice little teaser there.
So much time for this car. Attention to detail is incredible.
shame about the R26R but hay it's not always a bad thing

Nice little teaser there.
So much time for this car. Attention to detail is incredible.
shame about the R26R but hay it's not always a bad thing
Thanks mate. The only thing restricting me is budget at the moment (thanks Exxon for another 0.6% pay rise, it really helps :wink: ) I still have loads of ideas I can't yet afford as my 5 kids are eating me out of house and home. One day it will be done though...

5!!!!! I'm not surprised you have no budget. All in good time mate, Rome wasn't built in a day but what is done so fair is spot on :smile:

Diffuser looks orgasmic bud !

More to the point; the longer your employers keep teasing you with inflation based pay-rises and the longer you don't upgrade to an R26R; the longer we have YOU around here and get to see THE Clio progress.

See. There's a Silver lining to every cloud :smile:

***You'll be able to Carlos Fandango your alarm bracket shortly too. Posted today.......

So: When's the whole seat-thing likely to happen now Simon ?

Reactions: ///M and Gordini
Diffuser looks orgasmic bud !

More to the point; the longer your employers keep teasing you with inflation based pay-rises and the longer you don't upgrade to an R26R; the longer we have YOU around here and get to see THE Clio progress.

See. There's a Silver lining to every cloud :smile:

***You'll be able to Carlos Fandango your alarm bracket shortly too. Posted today.......

So: When's the whole seat-thing likely to happen now Simon ?
Inflationary rise would be fine, but 0.6%! Still though, good to still be round this forum mate with the Clio.

Looking forward to fitting your latest creation too!

Seats are a difficult point. The backs look really nice but the muppet made a cock up with the recaro stickers. One is crooked and he lacquered over it. As such, I need to work out a plan to fix this as it would bug me the way it is. As the lacquer is tinted it won't be simple but I have a really good idea. Had it not been for this mishap, the backs would have been with the upholsterer on Monday. Therefore looks to be another delay in the offing...

Reactions: sevenfourate
Bummer. But: Thinking on your feet....i like the sound of this !

Got me intrigued and i'm keen to see your thoughts and plans.

In a purely selfish way, I'm glad you're hanging around here with your Clio. Sorry the R26.R didn't work out but it gives us the pleasure of seeing your way of customising one of these cars.
Gutting about people letting you down with their lack of attention to detail, you must feel like your due some good fortune any time now!
Rear diffuser looks ace by the way:smile:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The R26.R would have been epic, but good to hear you're keeping the Clio, Simon. Really interested to see what direction you take it in now. The carbon diffuser looks fantastic! Shame about the extra work you had to put in, fortunate though that at least you have it back and out of the hands of that monkey!

This progress thread has more twists and switchbacks than a drive over the Alps! :smile:

Both I and my son, had R26Rs,but both sold, then I had( Still for sale)R26, running 288/310, and this was arguably as good as the R but half the price. I am now running Litchys,now Arthurs shed, and for me, the Clio is the better car. The R26R is an excellent car, but I would not go back to one.

Both I and my son, had R26Rs,but both sold, then I had( Still for sale)R26, running 288/310, and this was arguably as good as the R but half the price. I am now running Litchys,now Arthurs shed, and for me, the Clio is the better car. The R26R is an excellent car, but I would not go back to one.
Thanks for the feedback Arthur, it's good to hear I've made the right decision (albeit probably not financially) :smile: Your Clio is a beauty!