Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

why gearbox??whats wrong with the one from the donor car??should be with a LSD,shouldnt it??

why gearbox??whats wrong with the one from the donor car??should be with a LSD,shouldnt it??

Well he said just on the engine - perhaps being an R26 donor someone grabbed the gearbox quick!

Didnt you say the chap you bought yours from had about 5 in his shed?

Reactions: Gordini
Nice one Simon. What made you go for this one over the 250 engine? And what happened to the forged engine?

Reactions: Micah
Nice one Simon. What made you go for this one over the 250 engine? And what happened to the forged engine?
Hi Sean. Thanks again for all your help to date mate, you've been immense. Gave up with the forged engine as the guy has been p*ssing me about no end. The other forged engines available were just too expensive. The guy with the 250 didn't seem to want to sell just the engine without box and it was a lot more expensive. In the end I figured to aim for the sort of output you have as it should be plenty in a clio :smile:

Reactions: Sean197
Good stuff. Which turbo are you going for? Also give me a shout if you need to know which pipes and intercooler to use. The SC kit was a piss take at £600 given it was a £90 intercooler mated to £80 of universal pipework... you can get the stuff for under £300!

Reactions: Pav and Gordini
Good stuff. Which turbo are you going for? Also give me a shout if you need to know which pipes and intercooler to use. The SC kit was a piss take at £600 given it was a £90 intercooler mated to £80 of universal pipework... you can get the stuff for under £300!
Don't worry mate you can't get rid of me easily, lots more brain picking to come :smile: As for turbo, not sure now. The engine dynamics stage 1 seems a little ott for standard internals. So maybe a 250 unit?

Reactions: Sean197
Don't worry mate you can't get rid of me easily, lots more brain picking to come :smile: As for turbo, not sure now. The engine dynamics stage 1 seems a little ott for standard internals. So maybe a 250 unit?

Lol no worries, remind me and I'll send you links to the pipework and the universal intercoolers, one mishimoto and one forge. I'm currently torn between the two... and I may have a 29k 250 turbo for sale soon :wink:

Reactions: Gordini