Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

As others have said I'm glad in a selfish way that we're going to continue to see you progress with the Gordini. Sorry you're having more problems. Must be so frustrating. This story is better than any soap on TV. Hang on in there as I think you are possibly creating the best car on this site, possibly anywhere.

Great news! Any word back from the ebay guy? :wink:
No not yet Sean and I haven't chased him. I'm hoping a forged engine I've been looking at becomes available but just looking out for what bits I can at the moment. Turbo wise I'll probably just wait until I have the engine first as I'm still not sure what power I'll be running until then. If I manage the forged engine then it will be a hybrid turbo and c. 330 bhp :smile:

Reactions: Sean197
As others have said I'm glad in a selfish way that we're going to continue to see you progress with the Gordini. Sorry you're having more problems. Must be so frustrating. This story is better than any soap on TV. Hang on in there as I think you are possibly creating the best car on this site, possibly anywhere.
Thanks mate I'm glad too as I need to meet all you guys in person yet! Hopefully the end of the problems now, everyone else I have lined up is pretty professional and reliable. Now it just down to what money is available :worried: Not sure I'd ever have the best Clio on the site as there are some stunning cars on here and I guess we're all nuts when it comes to them anyway, so that would be a tall order. But if I can create something that keeps me smiling I will have done my job :smile:

Reactions: Johnny 99
So, after months of waiting, the old bloke hydrodipping my parts finally finished them. I spent a couple of hours this morning flatting and polishing a few runs in the lacquer he had missed, which was annoying as he should have done this. However, I didn't want to leave them with him any longer and he was extremely cheap. The finish now is very impressive.

I've just taken a quick pick of the rear diffuser for now but it looks great when you think it cost less than 10% the cost of a streamline carbon one.
IMG_20170114_101845_zpsqprepxqb.jpg

Hope to have the parts back on in the next few days when I have time.

Anyway, in a major U-turn the Clio is staying and I won't be getting the R26R. Mixed emotions I guess but I'm still convinced the Clio can be very special with a few more ideas I have thrown at it :smile:
Hey mate you're hanging around! keeping the gordini now? where did you get the diffuser done? I want mine done when Meg engine done . been looking for ages .

Reactions: Gordini
Hey mate you're hanging around! keeping the gordini now? where did you get the diffuser done? I want mine done when Meg engine done . been looking for ages .
Yep Gordini is staying mate. Wouldn't recommend my bloke, had numerous problems with him. Any reputable hydrodipper should be able to do it though, due to size of the diffuser I'd recommend a local guy so you can take it there yourself.

Yep Gordini is staying mate. Wouldn't recommend my bloke, had numerous problems with him. Any reputable hydrodipper should be able to do it though, due to size of the diffuser I'd recommend a local guy so you can take it there yourself.
Ok will look into it. Don't even no what a hydrodipper is.lol. How much did it cost

Building up the anticipation with these teaser shots of all the bits :smiley: really looking forward to seeing them all on the car!

I've finally done a deal on an engine (fingers crossed). Rear ended Meg donor car with 40k, more miles than I'd hoped for but those engines seem to go on forever. As such I want to keep bhp/torque less than 300/300 to keep it safe on standard internals.

I've finally done a deal on an engine (fingers crossed). Rear ended Meg donor car with 40k, more miles than I'd hoped for but those engines seem to go on forever. As such I want to keep bhp/torque less than 300/300 to keep it safe on standard internals.

40k motor sounds great to me mate. Congrats on doing the deal !

Your progress is now freight-train like once more........:smile: