Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

I'm confused now with the intercooler. I was planning on the normal sized R26 jobbies. Those others are tiddlers, but I see your point re blocking the rad.

Do your research via rads and intercoolers mate! Well not just them lol...

See a lot of people end up buying twice or more when it comes to these conversions.

Lucky you have a guru helping you along in @Sean197

Reactions: Gordini and Sean197
Do your research via rads and intercoolers mate! Well not just them lol...

See a lot of people end up buying twice or more when it comes to these conversions.

Lucky you have a guru helping you along in @Sean197

haha I wouldn't say I was a guru, I've just spent too many hours at work reading through endless threads on here and the Megane forums. I started preparing my conversion back in Feb last year, and work didn't start until July-August, which only serves to demonstrate that the key is plenty of preparation. The mechanical side is the easy bit, it's all the little things that bring the package together as one which need the most attention. As you say, do it properly and you'll only have to do it once.

Reactions: Pav and Jimmy
So, in a break from thinking about the less important things in life, such as engine swaps, I decided to fit the Shuv creation mk2, aka the alarm bracket in stainless steel. I had recalled the original perhaps having a touch of surface corrosion, in the end it was rusted to buggery.
IMG_20170117_163720_zpsmjfv74t6.jpg
Doesn't fill me with confidence for the rest of the car...

And after fitting the new bracket.
IMG_20170117_163514_zpshyn9qen2.jpg

Great job Shuv, keep those ideas coming! :smile:

Reactions: Pav
So, in a break from thinking about the less important things in life, such as engine swaps, I decided to fit the Shuv creation mk2, aka the alarm bracket in stainless steel. I had recalled the original perhaps having a touch of surface corrosion, in the end it was rusted to buggery.
IMG_20170117_163720_zpsmjfv74t6.jpg
Doesn't fill me with confidence for the rest of the car...

And after fitting the new bracket.
IMG_20170117_163514_zpshyn9qen2.jpg

Great job Shuv, keep those ideas coming! :smile:

Another that fitted well !

Seems i'm not so useless after-all.

Just need to convince my boss now :smile:

Reactions: Pav and Gordini
Latest update and just to further confuse you all, I've decided not to buy the 40k mile R26 engine.

I have decided to buy a Meg 250 engine with 28k on it, complete with turbo etc. Still need to buy the gearbox...

With the stronger internals, aim now is 310 bhp :smile:

With the stronger internals, aim now is 310 bhp :smile:

Standard 250 internals are good for 360lb/ft, standard Clio fuel pump however is on the limit at 310bhp, and even then that's with 630cc injectors running a decent duty to compensate for the pump - Clio pump runs at 3bar, Megane one I believe is 5bar in the tank and 3bar at the rail. Ideally what you want is to have an uprated pump working a bit harder and to turn down the injector duty cycle, and plumb in a return system. Something like the Walboro 255 which is an in-tank pump is good, and I believe what RS Tuning use. You could of course run a second pump in-line with a swirl pot, but these are boot-mounted and are pretty loud.

Reactions: Gordini
Standard 250 internals are good for 360lb/ft, standard Clio fuel pump however is on the limit at 310bhp, and even then that's with 630cc injectors running a decent duty to compensate for the pump - Clio pump runs at 3bar, Megane one I believe is 5bar in the tank and 3bar at the rail. Ideally what you want is to have an uprated pump working a bit harder and to turn down the injector duty cycle, and plumb in a return system. Something like the Walboro 255 which is an in-tank pump is good, and I believe what RS Tuning use. You could of course run a second pump in-line with a swirl pot, but these are boot-mounted and are pretty loud.
Thanks Sean. Yes the Walbro looks a good option. Don't fancy creating an engine bay overspill area in my boot :smile:

gotta say that your mind changes more often than i change socks...that just shows how complicated this whole process is..so many aftermarket options out there..great when there are people willing to help...
hope it goes well for you Simon

Reactions: Gordini