Extra Stripey Gordini - Recaro pics added

Some pics of the 2014 engine donor. Shame, she looked a beauty... Although advertised as a 250, it looks like a 265 to me, but I'm no megane expert.
Screenshot_20170118-124845_zpstvsjbglm.png
Screenshot_20170119-163023_zpsnjee2owd.png
Not much to see here...Hopefully I've not just bought a piece of plastic :wink:
Screenshot_20170119-145105_zpsxlrulzqj.png
Happy with my choice as the more I read about these engines, the more I think I've made the right decision. Much cheaper option than forging an R26, yet I'm told they can handle 360bhp/380ftlb on standard internals, well above what I'll run.

The carbon bits look brilliant Simon! Well worth the wait and the hassle hopefully?? The car is looking very nice and I love that numberplate!

Reactions: Gordini
That's looks great. Did you get the seats done too? Have you sorted out who's doing the engine yet, did you decide on rs tuning?

Yeah hopefully the conversion will go a bit more to plan! It is such a shame that the whole process with the bumper/diffuser has tainted the outcome. They do look superb though, I'd certainly be well happy with them on my car!

That's looks great. Did you get the seats done too? Have you sorted out who's doing the engine yet, did you decide on rs tuning?
Thanks Sean. Yep seat backs are done but I'm not happy with them. They need a bit more work so they're a work in progress at present.
I think Paul at RST will do the conversion but I had an interesting chat today with Andy (formerly of RSport) who came round today. He seemed to think he could do the conversion will the 265 loom, ECU throttle body, etc and it was possible to make the different electrical systems of the Clio and Meg 3 communicate. This would be a bit of an experimental build though as I don't think it's been done, apart from in the RS16. I think time and money mean it will probably be a more 'normal' build at RST though.

Reactions: Jimmy
Yeah hopefully the conversion will go a bit more to plan! It is such a shame that the whole process with the bumper/diffuser has tainted the outcome. They do look superb though, I'd certainly be well happy with them on my car!
Thanks Jimmy. The engine conversion will be in better hands so I am confident :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy
Diffuser looks great. Found someone in cornwall that does hydrodipping but haven't contacted them yet. What did yours cost roughly to do?
Thanks Steve. He's done quite a bit for me and it was a joint price. I would estimate it was about £90 but I guess you could pay up to about £140 as it's a fairly large piece. Or get a streamline carbon one for £1k! :wink:

im gonna echo what others have said..looks brill..like you said the wait was long but it is all back and it looks awesome..carbon look rules :thumb::thumb:
good luck with the conversion Simon..how much is Paul at RST charging for conversions??

im gonna echo what others have said..looks brill..like you said the wait was long but it is all back and it looks awesome..carbon look rules :thumb::thumb:
good luck with the conversion Simon..how much is Paul at RST charging for conversions??
Thanks mate, will pm you about RST :smile:

Jeez you was thinking of selling that...:excited:

Looks stunning as everyone has already said. Hope you get less grief when you meg it!

Thanks Steve. He's done quite a bit for me and it was a joint price. I would estimate it was about £90 but I guess you could pay up to about £140 as it's a fairly large piece. Or get a streamline carbon one for £1k! :wink:
Crikey last option not a goer. would be looking for a new cleaner and cook

Thanks Jimmy. Was it worth the hassle? Probably not. But it's nice to have it back now :smile: I think the Meg conversion will be much quicker :smile:

^^^^^^I see what you did.......

Carbon dipped parts look superb. Even better than i imagined ! First minute stone-chip in either of those is really gonna hurt.