ex Nimbus r27r #2054

Yeasterday a little watch under the engine..

The problem is the big end bearings of one piston rod and the connected big end bearings on the crank..

I think that the problem has came from the work on mine crank! It was working, more light but not too hard like the r3 250.i think that with hot and continuos temperature the crank has flex and make the disaster.. I'll change with it..

:wink:

Next week some picture :wink:

P.s. My friend had a similar problem on his stock 197 and fit the 250 crank and 1.8 piston rod and 1.8 big end bearings.. Good way, but i prefer r3 pieces.. My friend who run with r3 tell me that many access and r3 maxi 230 had this problem..so Renault sport change piston rod and big end bearings to solve the problem and now is all ok!!

Sorry for my english.... :worried:

Last edited:
Sounds expensive Simo! Hope you get it all sorted ok dude as its a fantastic car! Still got one of your recent ring pictures as my desktop background - awesome.

Thanks mate :wink:
In 10/15 days it will be ready! With also the diff..

My mechanical tell me that on f4r 830 the materials is not too good like the 7xx engine series.. 4 friends of mine had a similar problem with stock engine..many R3 acces too

They have a r3 with 4 Throttle bodies, 250cv internals saent piston rods, 1.8 big ends bearing and in three years NO PROBLEM

1.8 big ends bearings have a "stop" on it, our 197 no. Also the 250's have it but the cost is incredible... 500€ ONLY THE PISTON RODS BEARINGS.....

Ahah wait in the afternoon...!! I'll show you a strange piston rod...

But it is not completly destroy... I'm very lucky because after 200m probably the piston rod could break away and make more more damages..

Do you know saenz piston rods?

I've not take the piston rod because it is connected to the piston.. Next monday.. :wink:

The new r3 250 crank is arrived, i wait for the saenz piston rods and after they can close the engine.

Nice one! Where is the pic of the diff? :smile:

...where did u order it & how much did u pay?
I'm getting mine next month :wink:

14052011074.jpg