ex Nimbus r27r #2054

Simo
Ive just read all 66 pages...you are mad 8)
Its great to see you trying out different things.
Did you ever get round to fitting the flywheel?

They look nice, any further plans after the uprated internals are in?

with this lastest mods (needed after the problem) all engine is new:tongue_smilie:

the diff is fit, i wait only for the couple but i'll fit next mounths
after these... i'll have ALL :tongue_smilie::tongue_smilie:

Another 1week for my clio.. This week my mechanical are too busy...
We have all, they only must assembly the engine and fit under the car...

With new flywheel and the diff..
I hope that the couple will arrive in 3/4 works days so we'll fit also this now!

I don't know how will be the clio with differential, i've not just tried a car with it....

Last edited:
14052011074.jpg

Why did this happen? What was the reason?

the poor quality of materials used on this engine!!
another 3 friends of mine have the same/similar problem, ALL WITH bearing..

renault sport have make a update to r3 evo2009 (250cv) for delete these problem: new crank, new connected rods and new bearings (500€ the set!!)

the poor quality of materials used on this engine!!
another 3 friends of mine have the same/similar problem, ALL WITH bearing..

renault sport have make a update to r3 evo2009 (250cv) for delete these problem: new crank, new connected rods and new bearings (500€ the set!!)

is not oil pressure/lubrication issues???

Exactly what I was thinking, I've not heard of anyone else on these forums with con rod or bearing problems.

Maybe your uprated suspension and slicks are causing the oil to move about too much in the sump? Baffled sump needed?

or defective bearings! the other three set of bearing was perfect!
many many many r3 access and maxi 230 had this problem and renault sport solved the problem with these pieces..
in the r3 rally world was a frequent problem...

Exactly what I was thinking, I've not heard of anyone else on these forums with con rod or bearing problems.

Maybe your uprated suspension and slicks are causing the oil to move about too much in the sump? Baffled sump needed?

r3 with "slick" tyre has the same sump. i run always with FULL oil level.

could be oil starvation due to cornering forces and using a "harder" bearing material gives them a better life along with improved oil passages in said crank...perhaps?

maybe....

the r3 250 crank is different on connected rod connection!

look, maybe so, the oil flow down better and the oil temperature in that place (the most delicated) remain more cool..

standard

v6kmzd.jpg

evo 250

v6kmzd-1.jpg

What oil did you use?

A colleague of mine, a Renault technician says this problem is known to Renault and it is due poor oil. That is his explanation.