Don't you just hate car salesmen!?

Some cars on here may get driven harder than cars found in dealers but no doubt 90% of cars are looked after a lot better than elsewhere.

And yea, given the 5 year service is due I guess it knocks £300-400 off

Im from Nottingham aswell matey. I think all our local Renault Dealerships are absolute cowboys.

When I ordered my Clio 200, I didnt even consider going to our local Renaults, as they had all tried to rip me off at some point, so I ordered from a dealership the other side of London. 4 hours each way to pick it up, but was well worth it.

The clios on here 100% get looked after better almost all the time I'd say

easy to check up on the cars history aswell, most people come here & report problems with the car so you can just go to 'see all posts by...' and see the entire history of the car (pretty much)

i over paid for a 58 plate clio just because it was a late model 197 & had 4k mileage, the dealer wouldn't budge on the price, i wanted a nearly new blue 197 and the lowest mileages i could find were racing blue with 20k but 06 plate, 5k on a nimbus & 4k on an albi...

you did well to get it down to 8k, im not much of a haggler

Last edited:
i think i was more pissed off cus my grandad had brought loads of motors from there and when the manager saw my unique second name he came straight out and said we know your grandads got the wad bring him down

at a dealer near me, there was a blue 197 like mine but a year older with 10k more on the clock for £2k extra!
and.... its stored outside on the rain, rusty alloy nuts, cleaned once a month if that!
I'd cry if i owned that car! lol

we nearly baught a f1 for £8.5k..o7, but the spray job on a sratch was bad.It had marks all over.
Went to carpeople 197 58 jan 09 MINT!!!! £10k well worth the extra as its mint...till our lass naffs it up lol

Im from Nottingham aswell matey. I think all our local Renault Dealerships are absolute cowboys.

When I ordered my Clio 200, I didnt even consider going to our local Renaults, as they had all tried to rip me off at some point, so I ordered from a dealership the other side of London. 4 hours each way to pick it up, but was well worth it.

I usually go to Renault Nottingham as I really don't have the time to go trudging around the country and I can confirm that they are indeed shat.:chair: