Don't you just hate car salesmen!?

Well what an experience..... just about to sign the dotted line and they send uncle knob head manager out to play mr nice guy! now im completely not bothered about getting a car! Grrrrr

well basically there's a mint clio in blue on an 07 with only 1 owner and 12thousand on the clock but they where having a laugh at 10k! so i was like drop it to about 8,6 and you got a deal and they wasted my time for 3 hours and like 9.8, 9.5, 9250 etc etc and i was like no no no as i walked out some jockey manager comes running like 8k right here right now and out of wasting my time for 3 hours i was like NO!

so it was up for 10, u wanted it for 8.6, he offered it to you for 8 and u walked?
Missed a trick there mate

sounds like you played the right game.... until the point you finally got the deal you wanted, then said no!

But plenty more fish in the sea!

so it was up for 10, u wanted it for 8.6, he offered it to you for 8 and u walked?
Missed a trick there mate

To be fair if he rushed out and offer 8k then he must still have a fair bit of margin left to do so....
Seems a bit fishy to me, unless he managed to con the original owner with a really lame part-ex offer.

I would of take the opportunity to see how far it could be pushed as he could of got even more off! But then I am a tight Yorkshireman :smiley:

i'll make him sweat abit more they where just playing silly games he knew it was overpriced and he thought he could walk all over me it not too worried it's been there 2 months already! and yeah he could be as awkward as me and put it back up or not offer it me again but hey i don't like people taking the piss for so long!

To be fair if he rushed out and offer 8k then he must still have a fair bit of margin left to do so....
Seems a bit fishy to me, unless he managed to con the original owner with a really lame part-ex offer.

I would of take the opportunity to see how far it could be pushed as he could of got even more off! But then I am a tight Yorkshireman :smiley:

.... Citreon stealers! lol some bloke bought a 24k c5 and in the end after about 30 minutes he got it down to 16k

RRG Manchester gave me 7k for my 197 and have put it up for 8.5k but I wouldnt even recommend them to my ex wife, if youve got the cash theres some nice ones on sale on here

no i didn't save anything cus thats all the cars worth anyway (if your lucky) thats the whole point. I know there's good value clio's out there and on here but i went down knowing that 2 weeks ago they had a black 197 exactly the same with the same mileage and that was 7995... + my car mot is not due till end of sept so im not really in a rush

yeah it is cheap until you factor in 8 months or so it's due a five year service! :'( and that makes me sad! and after the meg and what we used to get upto with the other forum members i would never buy a car off here