Do you like it up the rear?

Misleading thread title is misleading :wink:

Ive noticed since having the 200, that there are so many people that get right up my backside when driving along, or even when you come to a traffic light, they'll get as close to your bumper as possible.
Seems to be happening every time I go out in the car. Its not just your typical "boy racer/chavvy" people either. Today a guy in a 2010 Alfa Romeo was up my arse. Pisses me right off!!

So annoying!! I generally do brake tests in that kind of situation, but with how close some are, it would make a certain accident.

Is it just me that has this? I never really got this in the 172, minus the odd rude boy, brap brap!

Get it all the time usually old men with there diesels lol, happened to me yesterday with an Audi a3, irritates the hell out of me.

Just drop it into third and give it the beans :wink:

Not really a massive problem used to be worse in the c2, but that was just because it was slow!

Constantly! If its not getting right up my chuff then they decide that they do not want to look at the rear and therefore must get infront of me at all costs.

The two things that I mainly encounter, atleast twice a week are ;

1) I'm sat the traffic lights on the way home from work , the left lane goes straight on or left , the right lane is right only. The car that is approaching the red light see's me and decides 'I don't want to be behind him , I'll pull out from the left lane and go in the right lane and try cut him up'.
I therefore either let them have their way OR nail it and see them flashing at me like I should have allowed them to jump me at the lights.

2)Approaching my exit from the M621 , Im in the left lane , around 400/300 yards from the sliproad. About 2 car lengths from the car in front and about half a mile of clear space behind me. A Car comes hurtling down the middle lane , doesnt want to go behind me and must get in the gap infront of me at the last minute.

Grrrrrrrr

All the bloomin time!

But as said before, Its not what youd expect, not your tropical :whatever: in a VTR like it used to be in my 1.2. Its always a middle aged bloke in his oil fueled audi, Or some div in daddys volvo.
Theres always a 320d or soething on the motorway going to uni too!

Vans like to try touch my prostate too!

Folk just seem to want to cut you up at lights with a left lane and a straight on lane.

Depends what time of day it it weather i let them or not.

Doesnt half piss me off though!!!

Im 21 but not your tyipical idiot boy racer i dont egg people on, i must admit i do take their bait sometimes if its safe but most of the time its not much of a challenge.

I think people see the spoiler and exhausts and think ive just "pimped" a clio.

I get it quite a lot too, maybe more than in any other car but not sure if that's just people generally becoming worse drivers. Pisses me off but there isn't much you can do so just leave a bigger gap in front incase traffic slows quickly!

I have a mate who is a terrible tailgater, seriously dangerous and I hate being in the car with him. He'll sit 3 or 4 meters behind a car at 60mph, no chance of stopping it they had to brake. He's done this since the day he passed his test and doesn't take any notice of anyone telling him he drives to close, no idea why people feel the need to do it

I had some $hitbox Pulsar up my clacker yesterday in the wet, twice I stabbed the Brembo's and how he didnt make bumper love with me I dont know! He still kept creeping back though so in the end I braked sharp and launched the car like a bat out of hell... needless to say his 20 year old bathtub didnt see my bum for long

Jessies.

The only thing that catches up with me is the rozzers :smiley:.

Slowing down annoys tailgaters much more than speeding up - especially if they can't overtake.

Tailgaters can be fun when i can be bothered.

Generally I slow down, to the point that even an audi driver would get the point, then wait for them to try and over/undertake and then give it the beans.

I see it that, you've just spent the last 3 miles up my chuff annoying me for no reason, so I'm going to annoy you back. Gives me a laugh anyway which makes up for them annoying me in the first place.

I had some $hitbox Pulsar up my clacker yesterday in the wet, twice I stabbed the Brembo's and how he didnt make bumper love with me I dont know! He still kept creeping back though so in the end I braked sharp and launched the car like a bat out of hell... needless to say his 20 year old bathtub didnt see my bum for long

Very, Very well written!

had some stupid little girl in a £150 polo up my arse sat a traffic lights the other night creeping and creeping towards my rear...when i saw green i was gone! :drool:

"I had some $hitbox Pulsar..."

Wana watch out lol, Theres a GTI-r around here that could have the legs on my 197.

Slowing down usually does the trick, and its great to see their faces when they try to overtake but some of the plebs round here will over take on narrow roads so if i dont let them and they are in the mind set of getting round me even if theres a blind corner coming up they might just eat the front end of some poor bugger coming the other way.
I had that the other day with a prat in a derv pug!

Its really getting on my tits now tbh. There's no need for it.

I usually play the braking game and ensure that they cant overtake, but I just cant understand why people feel the need to smell what I had for breakfast whenever im out in the 200.

left foot braking ftw if you how much you need to push the pedal to put the lights on the do that and accelerate off they look propper confused whilst there jamming there brakes on

people overtaking loads of cars in a line of traffic does my head in
they realise theres a car comming and try to barge in
ive had a few times in my old integra when ive been three abrest on a 2 way road they then moan at you for coz they think your in the wrong

now ive got the cage in the clio its got worse, people seem to want to look at it sitting in the boot, i just cant see the point :blink:

Last time I had someone follow me close, it was so close I couldn't see their headlights in my mirrors, I got car jacked by the occupants. Luckily, the doors were locked!!!

A bloke tried gettin in my car a few weeks ago. On his own so he must have been confident, He told me to get out when he realised the car was locked he didnt know what to do.
Anyway, i did and now im waiting for a letter through my door saying im in bother for ABH!

Some woman in an old Punto was really close to me the other day and I was in a line of traffic going slow. So I slowed right down. She didn't get the hint and hurled some abuse at me. I drove off quick and she caught up again when I caught up with the slower traffic in front. I slowed down to 15 mph and she was so close I couldn't see the badge on the front. So as soon as the yellow lines stopped, I put the brakes and indicator on at the same time, pulled over and sat there. She locked up, and just stopped in time. Her face was a picture. She was so close she couldn't go round me and the person behind her was close to her too, so she couldn't go back. Sat there for about 30 seconds before I left her in a cloud of tyre smoke. Silly cow!