Power flex rear beam/ front lower arm bushes

Rsjake

Paid Member
Hi all going to be replacing my rear beam buses and front lower arm bushes with power flex bushes soon and just wanted to know if there was a tried and tested method to getting the old bushes out

what method do you all recommend

Thanks

Fronts come out pretty easy on the premise that you have some big sockets and a press/vice. Putting the new rear bush in can be a bit awkward, and a lot of the time it does look like the bush is gonna pop out sideways.

Rears are a bit more of a pain. But if you drill all the rubber out, the centre should pop out. Then you can chisel the outside out or run a hacksaw through it to split the outer. New rears just slide straight in.

If you’re anywhere near Stoke. I don’t mind pressing the new ones in your front arms if you strip them all down first.

Reactions: Rsjake
Fronts come out pretty easy on the premise that you have some big sockets and a press/vice. Putting the new rear bush in can be a bit awkward, and a lot of the time it does look like the bush is gonna pop out sideways.

Rears are a bit more of a pain. But if you drill all the rubber out, the centre should pop out. Then you can chisel the outside out or run a hacksaw through it to split the outer. New rears just slide straight in.

If you’re anywhere near Stoke. I don’t mind pressing the new ones in your front arms if you strip them all down first.
would you say it best to remove the rear beam or can it be done on the car just dropping the front of it down ?

i will let you know how i get on with getting the fri ya back in lol

Need to do mine soon as well,car on 90k now lol,not sure if going black series or just regular purple though,on my previous track car i acquired play in the front arm bushes with the purple ones,only done 4 or 5 trackdays on them too.

Need to do mine soon as well,car on 90k now lol,not sure if going black series or just regular purple though,on my previous track car i acquired play in the front arm bushes with the purple ones,only done 4 or 5 trackdays on them too.
i have bought the purple/yellow series so will give them ago will definitely be better then the stock bushes