Do I or don't i?

Everyone has this horrid renault stigma coming into the scene.

These cars have been run in now, if people had problems they've usually cropped up by now. The majority of people are A-okay.

For reference I have a 2006 197 with it's original box. No issues. (touch wood)

I guess it's just a case off you only hear about the people having problems and never about the peoples gearboxes that are completely fine...

Assuming I go for a R27 the warranty would have ran out, do you have any idea how much it would cost if the original has run out?

Absolutely no idea. Sorry. Only know the above figure as I was looking yesterday as my warranty runs out on 1st June 2014.

Everyone has this horrid renault stigma coming into the scene.

These cars have been run in now, if people had problems they've usually cropped up by now. The majority of people are A-okay.

For reference I have a 2006 197 with it's original box. No issues. (touch wood)

Mate you've jinxed it.... :thumbdown:

Every car has there problems and the usual knob heads going on about "French car" problems doesn't help matter. All in all these are one of the most fun cars to drive out there and you'll be smiling from ear to ear when you get it up to 6K rpm on a windy country road! go for it!

My cars just done over 80k, still feels sweet to me.

I wouldn't be put off by the issues to be honest. I'm sure i've read on here people are getting recon boxes fitted for around £800 at independent garages - Not too bad considering the money people spend on mods

Was in the same sitiuation a month ago after reading about the gearbox issues. Was looking for a hot hatch and tried the Leon, the VXR but nothing comes close to the 197 Cup I bought for the sheer grin factor. Nothing I have ever driven handles so well out of the box.

Do it...

Was in the same sitiuation a month ago after reading about the gearbox issues. Was looking for a hot hatch and tried the Leon, the VXR but nothing comes close to the 197 Cup I bought for the sheer grin factor. Nothing I have ever driven handles so well out of the box.

Do it...

just going too go for it mate, if the box does decide too eat itself I suppose s**t happens and I'll get it replaced. Need too own one off these cars !