Do I or don't i?

Right, I am in the position now too buy my dream car (clio 197/200). However after reading up about them, the whole gearbox issue is really putting me off...

Is it really as wide spread as it's made out too be? Is there any high millage clio 197/200's out there running on the original box?

Any help and/or advice would be much appreciated!

cheers
kurtis.

I'm in the same boat as you.

If the gearbox ****s up would I be able to take it to Renault and get it fixed even if I'm not the original owner?

Do what I did and buy a lower milage one :smile: I had wanted one for ages, was between the 200 or FN2 CTR but always wanted another clio so thats what I went for, I did a bit of reading about it before I bought it..

If you want one just buy one :smiley:

Shouldn't matter if your the 1st owner or not. If its under warrantee I guess yes but not sure otherwise.

Can you take out a warranty?

Yeah course, 2 seconds.. I'll get the link.

Edit - can't find it now but I did get a quote from Renault a few months ago and they wanted nearly £2k for 3 years which is insane.

May be worth googling warrantees as theres plenty of companies that offer them for half decent prices.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm just going too have too take a risk lol I'd look at alternatives but I don't think anything compares to the clio 197/200...

Looks like I'm just going too have too take a risk lol I'd look at alternatives but I don't think anything compares to the clio 197/200...

Do it mate you only live once and these 197/200 are so much fun for the money:thumbup:think you will be unlucky if you have probs with the box but as said if you can get some warranty might be worth doing.

Do it mate you only live once and these 197/200 are so much fun for the money:thumbup:think you will be unlucky if you have probs with the box but as said if you can get some warranty might be worth doing.

Yer I agree with you mate...
as said above, a warranty would be a good idea...

Exactly why I bought mine, I'm only 21 so before I move out in a couple of years Ill have this and enjoy it while I can, before we buy something more sensible lol.