be cool mind as a track car :smile:

that is if your man enough to handle the sadev :lol:

:smiley:

Older spec would need updating before running in 2012

be cool mind as a track car :smile:

that is if your man enough to handle the sadev :lol:

:smiley:

It's probably more robust than the road going box anyway :thumbdown:

I had a lil convo with Matt at TDF about running used cup racers for track day beasts, as its more common than you'd think.

However he said he sees it all the time these people buying them and then realising the maintenance costs and technical support required. Solid bearings in a 197 cup racers front suspension setup cost £6000 to renew annually. And the Sadev needs rebuilding twice as often.

Would be a hoot whilst it lasted though.

I had a lil convo with Matt at TDF about running used cup racers for track day beasts, as its more common than you'd think.

However he said he sees it all the time these people buying them and then realising the maintenance costs and technical support required. Solid bearings in a 197 cup racers front suspension setup cost £6000 to renew annually. And the Sadev needs rebuilding twice as often.

Would be a hoot whilst it lasted though.

So what your saying is; buy it, sell those parts for standard versions and enjoy :cloud9:

Then you'll need the trailer and tow vehicle to get it to the track lol. Get a cheap 197 and put buckets and a cage in it :tongueout:

Agreed, you could actually get a road car lighter as you don't HAVE to put a cage in it.

Or at a minimum a half cage like the oulton park type many members use. Even that weighs in at 45kg!!!

Some track day organisers only allow slicks to be run if you have a cage, if they allow them at all.

In all seriousness though is this gonna be more fun/faster than a track day car like a Atom or Radical assuming they can be had for £18k. Or even dropping a turbo in a road going 200.

Don't get me wrong this will be a hoot and very fast but part of me thinks running one would be more about owning a genuine race car. You can be faster, more reliable and with less maintence for less.

When the 197 cup cars were announced i'd just sold my house.

You could order one for the cup series and you could also order one as a track day car, IIRC they were something like £17.000 but i think there was vat on that.

Was tempting i tell thee :jumpon: