clio rs 200 turbo uk spec details

now the spec is known would you buy one?

• yes - i would

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • no - still not convinced

Votes: 74 46.3%
  • still undecided

Votes: 39 24.4%

• Total voters
After watching a 200 going round the Nurburgring I saw this vid and it seemed like something was missing:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyKO4fm5ImM[/YOUTUBE]

sounds crap no wonder they need to pipe sound in to the cabin....2.0n/a engine sound anyone :innocent:

After watching a 200 going round the Nurburgring I saw this vid and it seemed like something was missing:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyKO4fm5ImM[/YOUTUBE]

He's not using the padles is he?

In full auto mode.

Can the moderators please change my vote from ''not convinced'' to ''I would''? I got really excited after seeing that video....eeeeer....NOT!

Joking aside, this is the pure definition of boredom. Sorry, fail from me.

On a different note I've also noticed that the new Clio has 2 piece front windows. Another thing I hate. The old cars used to have windows like that, bringing back the trend Renault?

He's not using the padles is he?

In full auto mode.

In the comments it says that it's being driven on sport mode. Race mode uses the paddles I think. I still honestly don't know why Renault have gone down the full auto route. If they offered both manual and auto I guarantee that the automatics would account for 10% or less of sales. Maybe they spent so much developing the auto that they couldn't afford offering it up against the manual as it would have been doomed from the off.

'On a different note I've also noticed that the new Clio has 2 piece front windows. Another thing I hate. The old cars used to have windows like that, bringing back the trend Renault?

I agree. It's the second thing I noticed from the vid (dull driving being the first thing noticed). It looks like a Fiat Punto and I hate it tbh.

The dealer we ordered our MK4 from last night claimed to have been given specs on a proper Red Bull edition 200T. Red, blue and yellow theme.

In the comments it says that it's being driven on sport mode. Race mode uses the paddles I think. I still honestly don't know why Renault have gone down the full auto route. If they offered both manual and auto I guarantee that the automatics would account for 10% or less of sales. Maybe they spent so much developing the auto that they couldn't afford offering it up against the manual as it would have been doomed from the off.

I agree. It's the second thing I noticed from the vid (dull driving being the first thing noticed). It looks like a Fiat Punto and I hate it tbh.

The gearbox is sourced from Getrag so Renault didn't develop it.

It's made more rediculous by the fact you can buy the Nizmo Juke with a manual box, same engine. So.... when will we see the first manual conversion? :tongueout:

If they come out with another £199 down £199/mth deal I will think about it, but I can't see that happening lol!!

I'm reserving judgement on this until I've driven one.
I honestly think the car will be really good and it's growing on my already from the pictures. I hated it 1st so by the time it's released I'll probably want one.

On a side note I was talking to an Abarth racing uk guy yesterday and he reckons the gearbox is something special!
Really highly rated it.

It looks nice (apart from the DRL's) in a 'oh that's nice' kind of way, where as the 200 is nice in a 'that looks pretty crazy with the vents and bulging arches' kind of way.