Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

Get on Curborough if you can Wilson! Can have another ride in mine :smile: wouldn't mind a passenger trip in yours this time too!!

Project Bonnet

I've got a spare bonnet kindly picked up by Pete. I've wanted to do something that would potentially be made by RS.Its proving a little difficult as everything just feels 'Jap' like. The bonnet isnt for show either, its to help reduce some of the high temps on the track. The plan is just to fit it for track days only so can be as extreme as I like but equally look factory. Its not been as easy as I first thought.....

Why not maybe cut holes behind the number plate recess if you can't think of a design? Wont see them when the plate goes back on

Thats how I ran my old 182 when things were getting too warm, like chris'

IMG_5127.jpg

Last edited:
I keep thinking something like colour coded RS vents for our Fiesta. It's surprising how warm it gets with a little turbo in the engine bay.

I keep thinking something like colour coded RS vents for our Fiesta. It's surprising how warm it gets with a little turbo in the engine bay.

Vents can be so marmite. I quite like the retro reference to the RST they'd have with yours.

Its like most stuff, most things you can get away with if done properly. If I went with vents, It'd like to have the holes punched first so the vents sat recessed if that makes sense.....

No real update aside from time to revisit a couple of things that I've wanted to do for ages. Bumpers coming off to be painted due to stone chips and stuff. Whilst its off, the intercooler going to be power-coated. I'm going to look at the intercooler pipes and going to run them differently in order that I can refit the original OEM fan rather than the current aftermarket ones. Pipes going to be powder coated. Air-con re-gassed. 330mm brakes getting refurbed and I'm going to look to change the front pads. Next the exhaust, planning to have a Miltek link pipe and custom centre section.

I'm currently looking for a E39 M5 or B5 RS4 for next project......