Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

Cat c turd after many offers is still here. Too great a car to let go cheap. The fun of 350 torques in the clio is very addictive . Think keep it a while, finish paying daughter and son through uni and in summer think again. Must admit there really aren't that many cars I'd get into debt for, and I blame that on the Clio cause it's cheap and quick. Lots of these conversions been sold but this is just a project car for me so until another project has been found, I continue to tinker with it. Therefore, Cat C turd might get the pleasure of a hybrid turbo in Easter. Might see over 340+ bhp and anyone with a set of PF 330mm discs, let me know. I'm building a custom bonnet for summer to keep those under bonnet temps down

Sounds great mate, love this build, really inspiring. Glad your keeping it for a little longer, too many of these conversions end in sale. Makes me think twice, like there's something flawed in the conversions which people regret and sell on. Nice to see someone to keep it more than a year after the conversion :lol:

How comes you reckon you'll see over 340 but in my thread no one reckons I'll see over 330?

Sounds great mate, love this build, really inspiring. Glad your keeping it for a little longer, too many of these conversions end in sale. Makes me think twice, like there's something flawed in the conversions which people regret and sell on. Nice to see someone to keep it more than a year after the conversion :lol:

Yep, it's interesting about these being sold. SteC says mines still the best yet, had the least problems and makes the most power for the least amount spent on it. Theres something about keeping it longer than most purely cause I waited and did things incrementally, where others did it all at once. Mines taken years to do, others months. I was in no hurry cause it's a project car, which I've never taken too seriously tbh. Like Biggie Smalls says 'more money, more problems'. Do it all at once, you just get the full experience quicker along with the multiple problems that go with it. Also, you get bored or pissed off quicker as a consequence. I use mine every day as part of my work. It's a superb car making around 320bhp and 350 torques. Not bad for a Cat C turd.

Im ready for a hybrid, cause I know all the other issues have been sorted. Still need to do some more research. Cars still for sale at 8.5k if anyone's interested cause unfortunately, I've got to 'grow up'. Until it's sold, I still continue to have fun seeing how far I can take it.....

Last edited:
:lol: meeeeoooowwww

Lol. I've no idea tbh. 330 - 340, who the **** knows!!! I do know though, you can't compare the Meg 250 with the clio 250 conversion cause for example you only need a map to see 305bhp in a standard Meg 250, but you need to work a lot harder that that to see it in the 250 clio. I think there's a number of limitations to work through before anyone sees over 330bhp and that includes with a hybrid. I'm not clever as most but common sense tells me that. That aside, I can't get the power down at around 320 so god knows want happens at 350. I'd only gain another 20 torques too. Tbh, I'm more interested on how I can get the VVT working and the power more linear.

Last edited:
You need a boost controller then? Can map the power to the rev curve so it gets the power down at the right place.

Exciting times when Ste gets his rollers in, finally.

What's the difference between meg 250 hybrid and 225 hybrid. Surely there still a twin scroll td04, so can all be made into for example td04hl 19t. Does the compressor/turbine housing flow better on a 250 then?

What's the difference between meg 250 hybrid and 225 hybrid. Surely there still a twin scroll td04, so can all be made into for example td04hl 19t. Does the compressor/turbine housing flow better on a 250 then?

No idea tbh. The developments in the recent hybrids have shown some really good proven gains.

No idea tbh. The developments in the recent hybrids have shown some really good proven gains.

Oh right, hybrid are so expensive for what they actually are, they've just swapped out the wheels and machined the housings to suit. The beauty of them really is you can just use the standard mani would stops costs getting ridiculous.

Oh right, hybrid are so expensive for what they actually are, they've just swapped out the wheels and machined the housings to suit. The beauty of them really is you can just use the standard mani would stops costs getting ridiculous.

Agree. Between £800 - £1200 exchange. Not to mention another couple of hundred on mapping. Not sure I can justify £1500+ for another 30bhp. That's £500 per 10bhp lol. It would be easier to maintain a crack habit. I know where the other restrictions are too with seeing more power.

I do know though, you can't compare the Meg 250 with the clio 250 conversion cause for example you only need a map to see 305bhp in a standard Meg 250, but you need to work a lot harder that that to see it in the 250 clio.

Why is that?

If you take a Megane 250/265 engine and install it in a Clio you should have the same gains like in the Megane (eventually if the fuel pump needs to be upgraded)...just thinking out loud. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Although, >300bhp in a FWD Clio is an overkill. IMHO. Like the Pirelli commercial said: :smile:

pirellipower.jpg

The conversion is a number of parts. Some are clio, others are Megane 225 others are 250. Fuelling is the obvious issue but also the some of the parts collectively will have some bearing on it. I'm not sure about the capacity of the ECU also as they are different. For example controlling the Vvt and also using variable maps. The R26 ecu is going to have its limitations. Also the configuration of the exhaust may be more restrictive to? Who knows.....

300bhp is overkill from standstill but on the move it takes the clio onto another level. Mid range is crazy and that's without the VVT where's it's the most effective on the 250. They'd more to come from the conversion.

You need a boost controller then? Can map the power to the rev curve so it gets the power down at the right place.

Exciting times when Ste gets his rollers in, finally.

A boost controller won't matter, RS tuning can get 360 on a stage 250 hybrid. With no boost controller. You've got the same as me a 225 hybrid. The 250 hybrids haven't been released long. Ste does use the same hybrids as everyone else but there 225.

A boost controller won't matter, RS tuning can get 360 on a stage 250 hybrid. With no boost controller. You've got the same as me a 225 hybrid. The 250 hybrids haven't been released long. Ste does use the same hybrids as everyone else but there 225.

Agree mate. RST want £850 to hybrid your existing turbo. Plus a few hundred for mapping. I can't justify that kind of money for another 25ish bhp. I'm sure SteC will be developing a hybrid at some.