Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

Sometimes it's the smallest things that make the biggest difference. Hot day temps around 104 even after a proper midday blast. Result

Well done SteC.

No update for a while. Catch tank fitted. Litchy dilemma whether to stick or twist. Few plans if I stick. Going to fit Meg Rad, overhaul the brakes and pads. Maybe hybrid next year to push to 350+ ftlb (Currently around 340). If I twist then something a little bit more grown up. Time will tell I guess, not jumping yet. I think those who have sold their Meg Clio's have secretly regretted it.....

IMG_1600_zps861def34.jpg

Its that dilemma you've had all year I guess...twist to what??

Do you consider the Clio now finished and you're just doing other stuff to pass the time so to speak?

Ste's hybrid isn't that expensive, worth the extra tho?

Its that dilemma you've had all year I guess...twist to what??

Do you consider the Clio now finished and you're just doing other stuff to pass the time so to speak?

Ste's hybrid isn't that expensive, worth the extra tho?

Yep, most year, and last year too. Clio's nearly finished, most is just developmental stuff. Cooling stuff as temps are a bit high on track so fitting bigger custom radiator. Would like to overhaul the brakes too. Stec Hybrids good value and def pulls harder from low revs but need to see what Mikes produce with that turbo and his fuel system.

We'll see.......

Just a quick update. Few things to tidy up for MOT and bits to finish off conversion. Exhaust was on the list. I've got SteC to fit my 3' exhaust link pipe and centre section. What a difference!!!! This thing is even more an animal. Never thought the standard pipe work was so restrictive. Now need to consider whether to go the whole hog and do the rear section too.

Hopefully new project for Easter 2015.....

Just a quick update. Few things to tidy up for MOT and bits to finish off conversion. Exhaust was on the list. I've got SteC to fit my 3' exhaust link pipe and centre section. What a difference!!!! This thing is even more an animal. Never thought the standard pipe work was so restrictive. Now need to consider whether to go the whole hog and do the rear section too.

Hopefully new project for Easter 2015.....
You putting it up for sale again?

So come on then Mr L How much? This car has been nearly 'on sale' more times than DFS and we've never seen a price. Lol

Lol. 8.5k full MOT and 6mths tax. Just had around £400 spent on rear discs, air con re-gased and other bits. If I was keeping it, I'd be putting standard discs on front, updating the pads, needs meg anti daz rear view mirror wiring in and eye-let's for hardness welding into floor pan. Would be interesting remapping again, sure it will see 320+, which would make it the most powerful 197 in the country I recon. Bargain!!! Lol

Lol. 8.5k full MOT and 6mths tax. Just had around £400 spent on rear discs, air con re-gased and other bits. If I was keeping it, I'd be putting standard discs on front, updating the pads, needs meg anti daz rear view mirror wiring in and eye-let's for hardness welding into floor pan. Would be interesting remapping again, sure it will see 320+, which would make it the most powerful 197 in the country I recon. Bargain!!! Lol

PX a Lotus :wink:

Can't sell a car now with tax

Just sayin' :-p

Mine will be mapped to around 350, so it'll be the second most powerful 197 in the country :wink: - interesting price though, as i'm contemplating selling mine. I thought about selling mine for about 9, considering what Shakeys went for.

Can't sell a car now with tax

Just sayin' :-p

Mine will be mapped to around 350, so it'll be the second most powerful 197 in the country :wink: - interesting price though, as i'm contemplating selling mine. I thought about selling mine for about 9, considering what Shakeys went for.

It it won't see 350bhp on that turbo.....

How's drivability at that power?
And I don't mean normal traffic but fast driving?

Do you have LSD? Does it oversteer?

Your northern magician says otherwise.
Will you be sad to see it go?

Very. Absolute great cars with conversion. I drove a NA one of Ste's whilst mine was having some bits done and was good fun but it was soooooo slooooow. The meg conversion is the absolute complete package and I've never been bored of driving it. I'm older than most on here, and I can say without exception the best car I've owned. It's funny cause everyone who's sold one misses it, and will be selling everything they get into after owning one to get the same feeling they got out the meg clio. The funny thing is it will cost them twice as much cause 340ftlb isn't easy or cheap to replace.

Im just old and need something a little more comfy.....doesn't sell, secretly I'd be happy even if the wife wouldn't be!!!

How's drivability at that power?
And I don't mean normal traffic but fast driving?

Do you have LSD? Does it oversteer?

Wet is terrible from a standing start but Megs aren't great either with that power. Drivability takes some getting use to. Engines the same as NA so not much difference in weight, just your running double the torque of NA. Yes I have LSD and turn traction off and plant your foot, it's crazy the grip. It's everything you love about the clio but with over 310 brake. Just crazy.