Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

How does this work with the standard seats? I thought that for harnesses to be safe for use you need to have fixed buckets otherwise the seat is likely to 'split/buckle/collapse' if you have an accident due to the forces the harness will put onto the back of the seat :-/

How does this work with the standard seats? I thought that for harnesses to be safe for use you need to have fixed buckets otherwise the seat is likely to 'split/buckle/collapse' if you have an accident due to the forces the harness will put onto the back of the seat :-/
Tbf I think if your in an accident where that amount of force comes into play you're pretty ****ed either way.

Looks spot on that Wilson, good work.

Thanks. Its funny cause if you remember, it was last years FCS we first saw it in a 250, sometimes with this stuff just takes a little time before you can make it happen.

Just need the fuel system sorting and I'd really like to do something similar to Andy with fitting boost gauges.

I'm thinking the same about the boost gauges.

It does take time to get bits properly but its worth it, you just need some yellow harnesses now.

Right, new fuel pump sorted, just need to find a bigger fuel reg and that should put me well placed for a bit more power. I need to consider new FMI and piping. Going to go smaller to expose the rad to a bit more air.

Also a few things to do before winter sets in...
I've got 2 new Mich Pilots tyres
New Performance Friction brake pads
New brake lines
Need to fix a small leak in gearbox seal
Steering Racks a bit clunky so might need to consider changing that too.

Then see where I'm up too in the new Year, and keeping looking for those bargains.....

Last edited:

yup, that's pretty much it. But then its all personal preference. I personally wont run harnesses on a recliner. Litchys harness bar is better than having them bolted to the floor, as the forces put on the seat by the harnesses is different. And should the seat collapse then the harness bar would hopefully support them and stop them from going flat.

I don't think this car see's the track either, so one other reason to worry less (although I haven't kept pace, so maybe you do track it now? Sorry if I got that wrong).

Looks like a real good job on the adjustments. Good stuff!

litchy was it you I sold that Willans harness to? They were mega, regretted selling them immediately..... :tongueout:

yup, that's pretty much it. But then its all personal preference. I personally wont run harnesses on a recliner. Litchys harness bar is better than having them bolted to the floor, as the forces put on the seat by the harnesses is different. And should the seat collapse then the harness bar would hopefully support them and stop them from going flat.

I don't think this car see's the track either, so one other reason to worry less (although I haven't kept pace, so maybe you do track it now? Sorry if I got that wrong).

Looks like a real good job on the adjustments. Good stuff!

Thanks and Nope, not seen track properly yet. At Bedford I've had real problems with the ambient temperatures caused through fitting an oversized FMI (size does matter) which basically just completely blocked the rad of any air. Less is definitely more.

litchy was it you I sold that Willans harness to? They were mega, regretted selling them immediately..... :tongueout:

I bloody wished you had.....lol