Clio Meg RS320bhp conversion (update Meg Rad)

Sometimes the smallest thing can make a big difference. Had some problems with cooling and car running hot in summer, and then now the opposite in the winter with the car running too cold. Big problem with the cold limiter cutting the car out at 5k. So visit to SteC tonight, changed the thermostat and cars now up to temperature running nice and hot even though it's bloody cold, and accelerating like a bloody train..improvement is like night and day for a £19 quid part!!!!!

Thanks SteC cause was a bloody awkward job.....

Last edited:
Mine is doing the exact same thing mate! Glad ti know it's that, I get a random limiter kick in, heating issues at cadwell and normal driving won't see about 70, or less when it's colder on the motorway! Lacks performance as well on and off, so sounds like the same thing!

Sounds like it mike. Cars now completely different, I was driving it and hitting the limiter too easy. Just didn't feel right as power band was so small. Yours will be worse as relies on being revved I guess!!!

No joy selling car yet but lots of offers of PX against standard cars. Wrong time of year too. Gonna get it through the winter and try again in spring. If I cant get rid, I'll sort the new fuel system out\remap and the calipers are going LY. Also I'll go with SteC cooler and pipe work kit.

LOL. Thought it was common knowledge (?) Not advertised it on here cause was trying to avoid the if it doesn't sell I'll have the......

However, Just got an interesting email for a dutch dude....

Well I knew you was going to see it at some point, didn't know it was actually up for sale...

Really like this nice to see something different I looked into this but it's beyond my capabilities and k tec wouldn't touch it :worried: glad to see its been done though must be a rocket so exited about turboing mine brilliant car nice work

Well with attempts to sell, had many offers but often with px's, It's still here. Therefore, the project continues for now.
Andy's solving my fuelling issues, and I got a great deal for an hybrid turbo. With some work on the mapping, could see anything over 330bhp, which would see me at an impressive 360ftlb.
The car needs some paint. The dreaded rust under the wiper needs doing, and the brake callipers being sorted by a fellow member in the future.
I'd still sell, love an M3 but might have to wait a little longer....

Last edited:
Sounds good Litchy! The beast is getting wilder:wink:

Are you sorting the tailgate rust under warranty? I'd have to sort out mine as well at some point...

Sounds good Litchy! The beast is getting wilder:wink:

Are you sorting the tailgate rust under warranty? I'd have to sort out mine as well at some point...

Thanks but warranty is a Joke. If you haven't had it from new and not had it looked at at service internals, it's void. If your've serviced elsewhere, the owner should pay Renault to check it at intervals....!!! Absolute joke.

Is it?? lol I wasn't aware of that, absolutely ridiculous! I'll have a try myself to see if I can get anything out of it, doubt it..

Can we have more info on the steering wheel please? I love it! I want that done to mine when the standard one starts melting.

How much? Where does it? Etc lol

Just think I've seen it on page 7 actually? £140 from Steve @ edge automotive?

Is it?? lol I wasn't aware of that, absolutely ridiculous! I'll have a try myself to see if I can get anything out of it, doubt it..

Lost the will after ringing Renault a million times....Had the same issue with the Recaro's so just fixed them myself!!!

Gez I believe Steve has revised the prices, you'd better call him to confirm:smile:

Litchy is the thickness of your retrimmed wheel the same as the original one?