Clio 200 - F4Rt

Are you running standard gear ratios/box?

That's another argument for bigger turbo. The box works well with a peaky 7500rpm engine. Bigger turbo will move the torque up the rev range so bring the earlier gears back into play more, not to mention your putting more than double the torque through a notoriously weak box. A bigger turbo will give you the bhp without massive torque. id also consider changing the final drive if possible to closer to a megane, i dare say 1st is fairly useless as peak torque will be at 12mph and it will top out before 30mph.

Not slating, Im sure its fast but another few quid could make it nicer all round.

I wanted to keep with the 200 box as i felt the megane box was a little too long. But I agree moving the torque up the rev range would benefit the shorter ratios.

As for the box strength, it will be an interesting test to see how it gets on. Touch wood I have never broken a gearbox, even with more power than should be going through them. Luckily I am fairly mechanically sypathetic! But we shall see how it lasts.

Worst case is I will just have to bite the bullet and run a megane box.

I am also not one for drag racing or traffic light grand prix's, so 1st not being optimum doesnt bother me too much.

Certanely not taking what your saying as a negative, its always nice to get views and idea's from like minded enthusiasts (especially ones who seem to actually know what they are talking about! )

The car will constantly be developed to hopefully become somewhat of a R26.R/GT3 RS style car, that can be used day to day, but has that something extra for track fun!

fmp, can u do me a favour please? can u send me a pic of how your header tanks is fitted? and also the area around your battery, i'm not 100% fine with the way mine is and just wanna see what route i go down,

thanks dude

Will do dude. Header tank on mine is real nice, some pipe work going through battery box. Some custom fab pipes etc.

Will get some shots when I get a chance in the day light!

Will do dude. Header tank on mine is real nice, some pipe work going through battery box. Some custom fab pipes etc.

Will get some shots when I get a chance in the day light!

thanks dude, mine isnt fitted in anyway and i want it looking all nice :smile:

Just make sure you have got very good oil in the box, might be the best £50 you ever spend on it. Is it possible to fit an oil cooler?

Will be interesting to see where you go with it, certainly looks the best big power mk3 I've seen.

On the meg box. It is longer for a reason, ie it suits the engine etc. But anyway you have done the big work so its all ready to go further well unless you want over 325(ish)bhp then its another £5k to go forged etc.

Nice car mate :smile: u must be changing gear very fast tho, with the clio box not revving as high now?

Does the clio box not have longer ratios? If it does, would this help spread the torque further across the rev range when it comes to mapping thus reducing wheel spin ?

Does the clio box not have longer ratios? If it does, would this help spread the torque further across the rev range when it comes to mapping thus reducing wheel spin ?

It's the meg box that has the longer gearing.

Looks a really good job and its so tempting as an option. Will be interesting to see how it works out with the clio box in the long term.

One question that is on my mind.... How much extra on the insurance and whats the deal with informing dvla?

Last edited: