018-vi.jpg

Standard Spec:
Clio 200 FF
Recaro's
Cup Chassis
TomTom Sat Nav
Speedlines
Storm Grey Paint

Purchased new in January 2011, over the last 12 months it has seen many road miles, a fair few track miles and has enjoyed the following upgrades:

Akrapovic Exhaust:
039-vi.jpg
045-vi.jpg

Cup Racer Speedline Wheels, sprayed gloss black by Spray Shack
002-vi.jpg
4-vi.jpg

K-Tec/Performance Friction 330mm Big Disk Conversion
013-vi.jpg
016-vi.jpg

CL RC6 Pads
011-vi.jpg

Eibach Pro Lowering Springs (for later cup suspension setup)
026-vi.jpg

F4Rt engine conversion (completed by K-tec)
006-vi.jpg
009-vi.jpg

Power:
265 bhp
335 lb/ft

Any comments or questions, please post below :smile:

Last edited:
Nice!!!

Tom Tom should release a track pack add on "Perform a U turn when possible" lol!

Yeah, its the one that k-tec have had a few shots of on thier FB.

Only had it back since yesterday, so still getting used to it. Drives a fair bit different to the N/A lump.

Love this car. Looks so good.

Still makes me want some Cup racer wheels.

How much did the conversion cost if you dont mind me asking?

Exactly the same spec as mine minus the brakes and turbo. Jealous.com
Well done mate. Looks ace

Stunning! 265bhp, bloody hell that is a seriously fast clio! I'm very interested to see how a clio drives with a turbo lump...

Any feedback on Ktec service?

PS. I'd love to see a video:smile:

i didnt know k-tec had managed to do a turbo :0 would love to go down that route with the 197,

car is looking good bet your really chuffed with the work

You obviously spent a lot of money so why not £700 extra for a bigger turbo/compressor wheel and run over 300bhp? You can also drop the lbft a bit too with a bigger turbo to save the box and flatten the torque curve.

i didnt know k-tec had managed to do a turbo :0 would love to go down that route with the 197,

car is looking good bet your really chuffed with the work

It's not a turbo installation on the Clio engine, it's an R26 one

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments.

Jonesy - Engine is not forged. Just standard Megane engine with a remap. Although I do have a spare bottom end and head, so i may build up a forged lump over time.

Gearbox is ok so far, but only had it back a few days. Have Le Mans RS track day at the end of the month, so will see how it copes.

PB.200 - whilst i have spent a few £££ over the cars short life, I unfortunately do not have an bottomless pit. But in future I may consider a different turbo.

Price wise to those who asked, with supplying your own engine, K-tec charge around the £2000 mark (+vat), but its all reletive to what condition the engine is, what parts you go for etc.

One thing I will say is I am really impressed with the quality of work. All the little details have been taken care of. No cut corners, no bodge jobs. Apart from things like the red silicone hoses etc, you would be hard pushed to tell it didnt come out of the factory like it.

Everything still works, cruise control, ESP, rev limiter light and beep, etc etc. Starts on the button everytime. And drives like a normal car. It really is a complete package.

I think once the car has some proper suspension sorted and a diff installed (things for the future) it really will be an immense car, that will be a serious hoot on track.

Although I do need to learn the characteristics of this new setup. As in the damp on hard throttle I was getting wheel spin...... in 4th! :smile: