Clio 200 - F4Rt

thanks for all the comments guys.

Reasons I went for the clio box, was firstly due to not being able to source a R26 box, as no point putting a 225 box on without the diff, and more importantly, i wanted to keep the much shorter ratio's of the clio box.

I have driven a megane r26 (girlfriend has one) and although it suits the megane, the gearing feels a little long.

I am hoping the clio box can cope with the power, as i would ultimately like to put a diff in it and use that.

Then tune the engine to work with it, ie: run a turbo that has power higher up the rev range.

And i have to agree with shakey, in gear acceleration with the clio box must be a fair bit quicker than the megane.

fitted two of my three Ultra Racing strut braces today.

Fron lower was a 5 min job. The boot brace was a complete ballache, with very limited access to bolting the upper into place, but got there in the end.

Braces have been spray Storm Grey by Spray Shack

2-vi.jpg
003-vi.jpg
008-vi.jpg
007-vi.jpg

Now you have had her a while does having a turbo engine make it drive differently though the bends or is still just as chuckable ? Looks unbelievably fast aswel

you do have to change your driving style slightly, as the power and torque come in a lot sooner than with the normal n/a engine.

whereas before i would be accelerating early to get on the power, now if you get on too early the front end washes slightly wide or wheel spins. So its a case of adjusting slightly, and being smoother.

I am finally taking it on track a week tomorrow, at the RenaultSport day at Le Mans Bugatti curcuit in France. So that will really give me the opportunity to drive the car and see how it handles and performs.

So not to Much different then, as for me one of the main things that makes the Clio appeal to me is the fact it's easy to drive fast though the bends, am defiantly interested in the conversion but just have not got the funds at the moment

seems to be the perfect answer to everyone's main problem with the clio in that it's hard to get extra power from it , hope all goes well at le mans can't wait to see it in action, are you filming it ?

yeah, it doesnt change the character of the car all that much. its still the clio we know and love, just with a bag full of extra grunt!

And yup, my GoPro will be in full action at Le Mans! :smile:

On the rear brace do you have to drill any holes? i had a quick look into how mine would fit (without taking the side carpets out) and two holes allready there did not look to be the correct position.

On the rear brace do you have to drill any holes? i had a quick look into how mine would fit (without taking the side carpets out) and two holes allready there did not look to be the correct position.

Its the side ones thats the pain!!!!!!

the side holes do line up, its just getting access to behind them.

it sort of all comes clear when you start taking the trim apart/moving out of the way.

but put an hour or two aside for the job!

Make that 5? lol.

turbo7wy.gif

Ooof -profile

Track day went really well.

car flew all day. Gearbox was fine, although it is starting to feel a little 'looser', but i am not sure if thats me being paranoid or if its actually happening!

The first of a few vids I did....

http://vimeo.com/39430851