CLIO 197 CUP - Project TF

I made a similar list for my Meglio conversion to keep track of costs. After my first engine melted 2 pistons 4 weeks in I gave up counting to preserve my own sanity.

Reactions: Tarticmonkey
1689936845450.png

Though the spreadsheet is properly adult and isn't just about spunking money on the white shed.

I think that's called being an adult?

2 of my Baugette comrades run them.
They're a big upgrade over the stock 312mm discs (I was sceptical at first too)

I would however steer clear of Godspeed discs personally (I'm sure there's an alternative).

can you recommend a alternative to them at all ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got a set of PFC discs. Infinitely better than the Godspeed ones. £1100+ new and they are about 30% worn (27.4mm) only £500

Feeling like Bob Geldof today.

So this isn't a post I wanted to write but felt like I need to.

Me and the clio had a bit of an incident on Friday night after going for a bit of a Hoon.

Coming back on local roads (less than a mile from my house) I've come onto a round about at slightly sporty speeds- nothing silly due to conditions however nothing out of the ordinary for I drive it normally in the car. The car stepped out on me and put me fully sideways in a slide. I managed to recover the slide and put the car straight however the car just went and span in the opposite way. I have NEVER had a FWD car snap like that before only ever my old M140i which was occured due to open diff and heavy right foot. So I assume there was a diesel spill or something like that there- as it was like driving on ice. calling 101 to state the incident confirmed that this was not the first call of the night regarding this area.

The second snap was a too much the grab and ended up with clio in the bushes at the side of road.

Thankfully the car is one piece. However it will require a rear beam from where it hit the kerb and a new sump- thankfully the engine is okay.

Unfortunately this means I don't think I am going to be able to make Oulton in September due to a spending ban on things other than Oulton and Oulton prep as I am currently in the process of buying a house.

On the bright note the new house has a massive garage with inspection pit and will make the jobs a doddle and the parts broke were already on my extended list to upgrade anyway over winter- reinforced beam and baffled sump.

All in all a lucky escape as this could have quite easily been a reshell.

Just wanted to let you folks know as I was looking forward to tracking at oulton with you all!

Thanks Gav I appreciate that.

And thank you! I'm quite excited for it in all honesty. got a few handy features built in other than a pit. Like an engine hoist ETC. It'll be some work to get it how I want but it's an excellent base.

I will do something on here about the progress of that too.

Reactions: burrellbloke
Just to update this slightly. Fitted a new sump procured via @Twingo200 last Friday night.

Car runs fine "sweet as a nut a mate". Now to just sort a beam. However after spending my bank holiday Monday rolling around in dirt and oil I have a feeling that I will wait for the house move with a garage before tackling that job. Noticed there isn't really a write up on this so if people are interested I will do a bodged how to.

Interestingly I suspect the car has a 200 engine/ box as when clambering under the car there were a few 2012 date stamps. I guess having a box at least would make sense with how fragile these can be!

Current goal with the car- Xmas trackday at blyton

Reactions: Beany and Twingo200
I need a rear beam installed before 19th September 2023. Hopefully @EthanMenace will have an idea how to do it by then!

I like your idea of a Christmas track day - sod the family and do what you want instead.