catcams and port matching

what cams have you/he got?

Momentarily I've got stock cams and he has Catcams 5504402. I do have them, but they aren't installed yet.

I think that Maminja's white R27 should be fast as or even faster than that white 197 (Maminja has KTR Pro exhaust with sportcat, but hasn't got his ports matched).

Has anyone felt any improvement only with the matched ports? Another friend has his ports matched and a Magnex exhaust and it felt to me like his throttle response got better.

Last edited:
Indeed Si!!! But you have to try these things!! Will have a solution asap anyway! may just be me fiddling with the airbox as Ben says his runs fine!!!

indeed mate and as said before i admire your appraoch and wht you have done - you have big balls !!

just wonder what it will be like mot time - as mine failed the emissions test and its nowhere near modded like yours :001_rolleyes:

indeed mate and as said before i admire your appraoch and wht you have done - you have big balls !!

just wonder what it will be like mot time - as mine failed the emissions test and its nowhere near modded like yours :001_rolleyes:

Got that sorted too my friend!! Some clever stuff going into this!

Catcam 402's
remap
Matched inlets
Full miltek
Custom ITG airbox/feed
Smaller battery for the above

A couple of secret mods as its running like a bag of poo! Those will be revealed soon!

What gains did you get, can imagine must have cost a small fortune!?
What is the duration on the standard cams?

Trust me, when running right mine will muller a STD 197 As rich can confirm!

I believe you :thumbup:, mine is faster than the STD 197 by 3-4 lenghts of a car. When racing against someone who doesn't know he's car the difference is even bigger.

Was just reading this off the Renault Sport site, about the Renault Sport Cup:

"...New Clio Cup takes the best of the innovations made to the four cylinder 2.0-litre 16V (F4R RS) engine fitted to New Clio Renaultsport 197.

THE ENGINE HAS NOT BEEN MODIFIED INTERNALLY IN ANY WAY FROM THE ONE ON THE PRODUCTION VERSION.

It is sealed at four separate points before being fitted to the car.

Externally the engine differs from the production car with the air box, taken from Clio V6 255. and the mechanical throttle valve unit which replaces the motorised model. The engine and gearbox mountings and specifically-designed.

The exhaust system has also been revised. The '3Y' exhaust manifold has been retained, but the intake catalytic converter has been removed leaving only the main catalytic converter in place. New Clio Cup can however, at no extra cost, be fitted with the optional production silencer limiting engine noise to 85dB.

Combined with the optimised electronic engine management, these modifications yield an increased power output of 205hp at 7,300rpm and torque of 223Nm at 5,550rpm..."

How can they make 205hp (202BHP/151kW), when all they have done is change to the V6 airbox, decat exhaust & a remap?

the ECU on the cup is a race spec on and a race car isn't govern by silly things like emissions. and as Kev says it has a proper throttle cable. From what I have also seen it runs the ignition system from a 182.

But surely when your tuner is mapping your ECU, he's not concerned about emmisions either?
Fortunately here in South Africa there's no such thing as your MOT, we're welcome to have petrol spitting out our exhausts if we want...

AFAIK, Cup has a Magneti Marelli ECU, and ours is Sagem 3000, exhaust is completely different, you can see it in the R3 cataloque, they have a different airbox (Clio V6). There can be other things but I don't know about them.

its wrong anyway the cup racers have better big end bolts for sustained high rpm :001_rolleyes: so this "standard" is crap !

as for power as already said they dont have to meet emission regs / servicing requirements - and hence the increased power output 8)