Catcams 402 Timing

Hi guys,

Was wondering what is the setting for the Catcams timing?

Is there a guide on how to time the cams ? (I have got the renault timing tool)

Cheers!

Timeing

They are timed the same as standerd im sure i have just built a 172 they was timed in at 0 not advanced just lock them of with the tool and pin the crank set the tensioner but make sure u set it right tip for you when seting it dont turn the tesioner back else its scrap and will fail if you tesion it to much just keep turning it till it cums round again if ur unsure have a word with matt at tdf he will help u best he can

According to ktec and the catcam website the inlet camshaft needs to be ever so slightly set in advance. Catcam sell the adjusted tool to suit but it's near £400.

If it's set to standard then it can be adjusted with the VVT on a remap.

Thanks Ben, however seems that no matter what my tuner does with the EC1 the fuel air ratio is too rich.

Do you reckon its the timing or something else?... i'm quite sad currently regarding this bummer and having no support from across the world.

i think we should be careful as i was told that i just need the OE renault timing tool and that cost me some - and that seems to dint work.

they would refer you to ktec after if you query more

Thanks Ben, however seems that no matter what my tuner does with the EC1 the fuel air ratio is too rich.

Do you reckon its the timing or something else?... i'm quite sad currently regarding this bummer and having no support from across the world.

did it go like this after the cam fitting?

how "rich" is it? better than running too lean...

did it go like this after the cam fitting?

how "rich" is it? better than running too lean...

Check my thread fox.

Yes, after the cams were fitted the ratio was always too rich. To the point where the car is not putting out as much power as when it was stock.

Checking the mechanical portions and all seems to be okay and timing also seems to be okay and according to my tuner, matt (TDF) mention that its possibly due to some setting at the EC1.

Could there be other possible causes to this?

If your dealing with Matt @ TDF I'd suggest he'll give you better advice than any of us can, especially if your running his EC1