Catcams F4R Slipper Follower & Camshaft Kit Opinions?

Its true you could get around 280bhp but you'll need a lot more than that kit. I know someone that has recently used this kit in a build, they've already hit over 260bhp on the dyno and they are not finished yet.

You'll also need forged pistons and forged rods, may as well factor in new crankshaft and main bearings if you are going full tilt on a build like this so you'd also need a new engine gasket kit, cambelt kit, aux belt kit, advisable to put a new water pump in too.

The cat cam follower kit will require the head to be machined so all in all your looking at the thick end of £10,000

For that money you could have a meg conversion with over 300bhp, ohlins coilovers, a big brake kit, full ultra racing kit and a bit of change

Its true you could get around 280bhp but you'll need a lot more than that kit. I know someone that has recently used this kit in a build, they've already hit over 260bhp on the dyno and they are not finished yet.

You'll also need forged pistons and forged rods, may as well factor in new crankshaft and main bearings if you are going full tilt on a build like this so you'd also need a new engine gasket kit, cambelt kit, aux belt kit, advisable to put a new water pump in too.

The cat cam follower kit will require the head to be machined so all in all your looking at the thick end of £10,000

For that money you could have a meg conversion with over 300bhp, ohlins coilovers, a big brake kit, full ultra racing kit and a bit of change

Holy poop that is a lot of money for very little gains...

The peak figures may suggest "little gains", but it's all about the graph - how the power gets put to the road... Meg conversion is more bang for buck, as Fernandez says...

It's not on old school jap car mate lol?! The torque is fine. I have no issue planting it mid corner. Buy a diff

Last edited: