Car Insurance

Anyone elses car insurance gone up this year? I've not received my renewal quote through the post yet (it's not due til 24/02/10) but thought i'd have a quick look online to see what its coming up as.

Last year i paid £333.90 through Tesco. Or monthly instalments of £36.73 which totaled up to £444.99. Now the cheapest i can get is £500.85 :huh: Bit annoyed really as i was hoping it would come down in price again, or at least stay the same. I've got 6 years NCB, its parked in a garage, roughly 4000 miles a year, 1 conviction.

Mine did exactly the same, I made a thread about it the other week. I've gone from 600 to nearly 800, but luckily have had a quote from Tesco for 660, so I'll have to settle for that!

Think yourself lucky for being female though, I have 5yrs NCB and no convictions and you're still getting cheaper quotes lol :tongueout:

try the site traders Em.
got mine cheaper than last year through them with more mods added too.

i pay £400 a year. and im only 19 year old boy...

its amazing. never really understood how i done it. and this year its gone down, too £350 with mods

really very happy.

with admiral

its amazing. never really understood how i done it. and this year its gone down, too £350 with mods

really very happy.

with admiral

Honestly, how you manage that? ive got both my parents on my insurance which takes it from £1300 to £800. Am 22 with 2 NCB driving two years.

What's your tips to reduce it?

really very happy.

with admiral

I dont want to sound like a grumpy old man, but that cant be right! I would honestly drive really carefully if I were you as if you do have to make a claim you may find out they wont cover you on some technicality. You sure you didnt put your DOB down as 1960 instead of 1990 lol :wink:

Im 22 2yrs NCB and I pay £818 down from £1300 the previous year! Also thats with Admiral.... WTF!!!

I'm trying to get on the Admiral website but its not working at the mo :worried: I've always used Direct Line or Tesco because they've always been the cheapest, good service too

I'm trying to get on the Admiral website but its not working at the mo :worried: I've always used Direct Line or Tesco because they've always been the cheapest, good service too

If you cant get on admiral go on money supermarket, thats where I got Admirals quote from, I then just called up to check it was correct.

Lol you beat me to that then Foxspeed!

Last edited:
Thats pretty unlucky Emz.

This year i was something like 800 quid from Admiral, with 1 conviction (minor crash) and 2 years NCB. But Elephant quoted me 700 for the year but if i switched companies i was going to lose my NCB and i wasnt wanting to do that.

OK, just filled in the details on moneysupermarket. Cheapest is £542.19 with the Green Insurance company. Admiral is quoting me £719.45 :scared:

edit: for those interested. The most expensive is M&S at £1712.71.

Last edited:
admiral have been brilliant for us this year. They insured the 182, 197 and Ka for £1190 total :smile:

they're renewal quotes are generally poo though:worried:

OK, just filled in the details on moneysupermarket. Cheapest is £542.19 with the Green Insurance company. Admiral is quoting me £719.45 :scared:

edit: for those interested. The most expensive is M&S at £1712.71.

Aw thats terrible I cant see why it would be so different if nothing has changed. Only thing I can think is if there has been more car crime in your area or summat random like that! Hate to say it but it sounds like risk associated with the location over anything else if everyone is coming back more expensive. :worried:

Oo if we are doing most expensive this could get interesting lol! Thats only 20% more than mine last year lol and im sure its less than some on here are paying!!!

If anyone is interested the most expensive quote I got was from a company called 1st Central (?) and it was £10,778.43!!! That is exactly £23.56 less than I paid for the car!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
hay hay.

im right, although forgot to mention i set up a company policy for 30 odd cars, so tis why... but still i know they do some good deals.

think they gave me the best without telling them i had alot of other cars on there too.

i go through a broker, but then i do insure alot of cars, i really wanted it to be foc the amount i spend with them, really in retorspect its alot. as if i hadnt been insuring it along with a bunch of company cars i would be up round £800 a year

very confusing. but if your doing more than 3 cars def go through a broker.

iv got a masarati gransport on that insurence too. am 19 :smiley: and its £500 a year

plus bout 20 company cars.

Possibly..

We're actually in the process of moving house at the moment, and i've just tried moneysupermarket again but with the new address and the cheapest one was £472 with Lloyds. Still more expensive than last years but cheaper than where we live now.

Similar Thread Suggestions