Car Insurance

Greenlight were the cheapest for me last renewal. £500 4 years NCB, 24 years of age.

No one else could get close.

Im just wondering what it will be next time with 5 years and ive hit the 25 year old mark.

MoneySupermarket, GoCompare etc will always charge you more.

Go direct with Admirals quote, to give you some idea.. Admiral quoted me £2500 on Comparethemarket, went direct and it was £1800 on a 2010 RenaultSport 200.

20 with 1 years ncb. :wink:

Add a girl...

My missus is on mine and it drops nearly £200 (£500 to £300) for the Clio... she probably will drive it half a dozen times and put no more than 50miles on it :lol:

Also had her on my MR2 Turbo... that cost me £440 with her included, and that was mods declared and RR'd at 330bhp :lol: I was 22/23 and she drove it twice :lol:

Insurance companys are retarded.

And thats with Admiral/Elephant (same company)

I don’t know how everybody does it seriously I’m 19 with 2 years ncb and the cheapest i can find is bell.com at £2300 plus I cant find 3rd party cover on other vehicles anywhere! I’m gonna have to wait till my birthday in June and see if the price comes down.. I cant stand seeing police programs and the commentator is like "younger drivers are a danger on the roads, just like this clip from Sheffield" then goes on to play some chav who stole a car and crashes it into a tree! Like all young drivers are like this?! Sorry rant over :-(

Im in a area code C.. Still dont know why its so much :-(.. what are other peoples code who have insurance for less than £1500 at 20yrs? I would hate to think how much if i was in a F Area lol :-/

Im in a area code C.. Still dont know why its so much :-(.. what are other peoples who have insurance for less than £1500 at 20yrs? I would hate to think how much if i was in a F Area lol :-/

Mines C too dude. Strange! Have you added a female to it? That brought mine down a few 100 and means my mum doesnt have to winge when my dads out, haha.

Mines C too dude. Strange! Have you added a female to it? That brought mine down a few 100 and means my mum doesnt have to winge when my dads out, haha.

Yep got my mum 27 years ncb.. And my dad 30years ncb still £2300...I may just lie say its garaged, got tracker and im a police man or farmer they tend to be the cheapest on insurance :worried: I know im screwed if I need to claim but i think i would just get a loan if i had a accident and needed to pay to get another car fixed... I hate insurance!

Yep got my mum 27 years ncb.. And my dad 30years ncb still £2300...I may just lie say its garaged, got tracker and im a police man or farmer they tend to be the cheapest on insurance :worried: I know im screwed if I need to claim but i think i would just get a loan if i had a accident and needed to pay to get another car fixed... I hate insurance!

Yea.. but thats also illegal. haha.

Its bad dude! But you've got to pay it :worried:

Try ringing some places up too, you might get cheaper quotes.

How would they know i lied about my job do you need to send them a payslip or somethink when you claim? I know a farmer and im sure he would say i worked there if i ever needed to claim.... Putting that on will bring it down under £2000.. very very tempted!

How would they know i lied about my job do you need to send them a payslip or somethink when you claim? I know a farmer and im sure he would say i worked there if i ever needed to claim.... Putting that on will bring it down under £2000.. very very tempted!

No comment.. lol!

I dunno man, personally i wouldnt do it. But its your car at the end of the day!

Hi all. My insurance is due in a month and not having much luck getting a good price if a quote at all. Have 6 years no claims with 6 years driving at 24, checked my postcode and has it classed as a low risk - A. Any advice on what im doing wrong? Cheapest quote iv had so far is £660. Cheers

A little update. My renewal came through the post, it is now £478. So cheaper than the quotes i was getting online but still gone up from last years £333 :blush:
I had a look on the postcode thingy, i'm a low risk A :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions