Car failed its MOT!!! UPDATE post 19

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
2 years and 363 days after it was registered and it failed on Emissions!

Lamda was 1.057 and should be between 0.970 and 1.030 - whatever that means

Called the dealer, waiting for a return call now!

what were the other readings ?

that reading points to an exhaust leak - you need to make sure the exhaust system is gas tight and that all gasses are expelled via the tailpipe !

Aw Mike thats crap! If your callin the dealer I guess you have just had it serviced by them. I think they have some explaining to do! Its a standard exhaust you have on isn't it? Iv got mine at the back end of the year...

It's booked in, and they have raised a warranty claim on it.

Taking it down there on Monday, that is when the MOT expires. I'll put the other figures up when I am back home, but they weren't too bad :smile:

lol. mike see all that driven carefuly and getting good mpg has choked up the poor beast, pour some injector cleaner into the fuel filter and thrash the living day lights out it. shel pass no problem.:thumbup:
jokes aside hope you get her sorted out. i hate having take any car to the garage.:@

Oh well, I should have the car back on Tuesday or Wednesday!

Poor little baby, I don't like leaving at at any garage too :worried::worried::worried::worried:

You have me worried now! My MOT is due 20th April....Thought it would sale through....obviously not
it'll be fine Im sure, the first MOT is normally a formality tbh. Our 182 has sailed straight through its first 2 MOT's a and I expect it to do the same on its third :smile:

mine passed its mot today, just had advisory on me sunstrip tint on the windscreen. sailed through the emissions, even with the sportscat/exhaust system on.

Update

Well, took the car to the dealer today, they put it on the gas meter, and it passed first time. BUT they have yet to do the full MOT. Wednesday the car will be back legal again :smile: