Calling you cyclists out there

Many cyclists on here?

In an attempt to lose my squidgy bits, I decided to get back on the bike. I treated myself to a new one and signed up for a couple of sportives ahead of a 24hr cycle race in August :scared:

I took advantage of my company's cycle to work scheme. I'm hopefully picking this up next weekend if HR have done their work...

bianchi-c2c-via-nirone-7-veloce-2010-road-bike.jpg

How do you transport your bikes? Fold there rear seats down or on cycle carriers? I see a member on here sells the Renault ones, Twingogeek?

TwingoGeekeo is into his road bikes and I know a few others are too. I am more into MTB's but I normally fold the rear seats down and the bike fits in perfectly. I would imagine they are a good bit bigger than a road bike too so you shouldn't have any problems fitting in the Clio

^^ you beat me to this lol

Better put in the car and fold the rear seats down, take both wheels off & make sure have some bubble warp protect frame

Last edited:
I normally fold the rear seats down and the bike fits in perfectly. I would imagine they are a good bit bigger than a road bike too so you shouldn't have any problems fitting in the Clio

That was what I had planned to do. I imagine having it on my roof and driving hundreds of miles across Europe would affect my mpg some what.

Been out on mine today, it's filthy! It started hammering it down about half way! Only been for a short ride as I needed to be back early and being as I haven't done much in the way of exercise over the past few months, I really wasn't fit enough.

Riding through the mud was really tough, the ground is just so soft.

Haven't got any pictures of mine to hand, it's a GT i-drive 5 2.0 with a few altered or changed parts. Tested out my new bit of kit today, front Hayes Stroker disc brake. Performed very well.

Ive got both a road and a mountain bike :smile:

Taking of the road bike it went wrong the other days and cost me £50 to repair :worried: also needs new tyres that im ordering tonight. Cycle to work everyday it was a start to lose weight and become a addiction. Depending on how serouis you are going to take cycling will depend how far you go with extra bits. i will go out at weekends and do 20 - 40 miles. Stupid miles i know but helps with the fat and fitness. Also have all the clip in pedals and what not so yes im attached to the bike. But the reckon you put 30% more power though the bike. Also i use drink tablets that burn fat quicker but you have to do the milage and work hard for them to work. If you want a link to them let me know.

Also if you need any help let me know

Also to the guys with cycle carriers when you have a road bike you dont need them as you cycle from your house :wink: but i have got roof bars and cycle carriers on the misses clio as the Twingo fits about 1 wheel in if that lol

I bought a bike rack for my old Clio, got it second hand dirt cheap. But there is no way it is going on the 197 and the Pug estate I have been putting 3 bikes in the back of is being sold as of next month, so I won't have any bike transport to the trails! :worried: My mate might be able to borrow his dad's VW Transporter though, so we might be saved! Lol!

Has anyone been to Coed-y-Brenin and Llandeglla?

Oh right, do they fit good do you know? What sort of price we talking Karl and do they come with mounts for the bikes?

Taking of the road bike it went wrong the other days and cost me £50 to repair :worried: also needs new tyres that im ordering tonight. Cycle to work everyday it was a start to lose weight and become a addiction. Depending on how serouis you are going to take cycling will depend how far you go with extra bits. i will go out at weekends and do 20 - 40 miles. Stupid miles i know but helps with the fat and fitness. Also have all the clip in pedals and what not so yes im attached to the bike. But the reckon you put 30% more power though the bike. Also i use drink tablets that burn fat quicker but you have to do the milage and work hard for them to work. If you want a link to them let me know.
I'm getting some SPD-SLs for my bike, as you say, allows optimum effort/progress. This will be my first time using clipless pedals...

20-40 miles at a weekend is about what I'll be doing. My training will be three 15(ish) miles evening rides during the week followed by a long one on the weekend.

I've got a pendle bike rack which fits the clio alright, I just put some kitchen towel between the paint and the contact points to stop it scuffing the paint. Bike does fit in the boot easily though after taking a wheel or two off

I'm getting some SPD-SLs for my bike, as you say, allows optimum effort/progress. This will be my first time using clipless pedals...

20-40 miles at a weekend is about what I'll be doing. My training will be three 15(ish) miles evening rides during the week followed by a long one on the weekend.

Ill warn you intill your use to SPDs you will have moment when stopping and you forget your contacted to the bike.

Also that 20 - 40miles is just one day with some nice hills aswell :smile:

I just ordered these through C2W as well. Took £1k for myself and £850 for the wife (we both work for the same firm).

For me: Cube Ltd Team 2011

b370c6ed.gif

For the wife: Cube Acces WLS Team 2011

7ce8c1d3.gif

I bought some 2nd hand Thule kit off eBay. For the Clio 197/200 3dr you need the following, or at least i chose the following:

Thule 591 Foot Pack
Thule 860 Aero Roof Bars
Thule 3037 Fitting Kit
Thule 591 Pro Ride Cycle Carriers x2

Got the lot for about £160, when it would have cost well over £300 new.

Ill warn you intill your use to SPDs you will have moment when stopping and you forget your contacted to the bike.

Also that 20 - 40miles is just one day with some nice hills aswell :smile:
Yep, I'm expecting to fall off a few times when stopping :smiley:

I need to practice my hills. I want to do Alp d'Heuz or Mont Ventoux at the end of the summer.

Those who are going to Scotland in the summer on Adrians' trip - the most challenging downhill MTB course in Britain is slap bang next to Fort William - Aonach mor - amazing downhill course - seen some stunts on there in my times there lol!