Calling you cyclists out there

i cycle a bit too, got a nice carbon road bike for racking up the miles and a mountain bike for off roads and trails.
sorry to hear you got taken off by a car, it's the sad state of things at the moment unfortunately, a lot of drivers don't look properly, and the ones that do often regard cyclists as second rate road users, cutting you up or boxing you in like it's some inconsequential action, putting you in danger because they're in that much of a rush that the 2 seconds or so that you hold them up by will make any difference :swear:

oh and you always get the "get the f**k out of the road, you don't pay road tax" from some :whatever: in a diesel sh*t box. i take great pleasure in catching them at the lights and explaining that I actually pay about 3x more road tax than they do, rant over, apologies.

Looking like it's going to cost several hundred pounds to repair my bike, excluding the kits I was wearing. It needs a new rear wheel and the Campag shifters are damaged. It's in the hands of the driver's insurance company now.

Busy day for me on Wednesday; seeing my solictor, seeing the consultant for an update on my arm and then getting my bike repaired so it's ready for my first sportive ride.

My solicitor is dealing with everything; injury, damages etc. Who knows when I'll get reimbursed for everything. It's amazing how quickly it adds up; damage to bike and my clothes was circa £500.

The consultant said I was healing well and OK to get back on the bike, just don't fall off.

I picked it up at the weekend and put 60 miles on it.

12fb5f00.jpg

I've got eight bikes at the moment:

MTB
Saracen Race Elite (1993, old skool!)
Trek 8000 w/Sram X.0

Road
Ribble Winter matt black w/Campag Veloce
Specialized Langster 08
Specialized Langster Monaco 09
Planet-X SL Pro Carbon w/Campag Veloce
Ribble Gran Fondo (not built yet but will prob be Campag Chorus 2011)

The eighth is this piece of Swiss engineering:

3543902494_353f6528cf_b.jpg

3543965878_1d0b8b28bc_b.jpg

3543096147_44241e18d5_b.jpg

3543972256_b4d558e3a9_b.jpg

BMC Pro Machine, Campag Super Record 11, Easton EC90 carbon tubular wheels.

putting the theory to the test then?

the number of bikes a cyclist should own is (n+1), n being the number of bikes he can realistically afford, or alternatively (s-1), with s being the number of bikes that will cost him his marriage

Well time has flown by. This time next week I'll be well into my 24hr bike race around the Nurburgring. Passes and permits have all arrived. T11 of the Grand Prix circuit has been allocated to us as our 'pits' and campsite.

Nervous and excited.

mate i love my road cycling. i ride a fully tricked out airlite 200. thats a nice bike considering u got it through the cycle to work scheme. enjoy ur future lung bursting miles lol

Bike wrack

Just fitted this little lot this weekend after marking rear bumper, drivers door skin, dinting drivers Recaro, roof bars are off Ebay £45 brand new genuine Renault, Thule 591 wrack's are from Evans who priced matched £58 from ford parts direct, took a couple of hours to fit it all, but its a lot easier than squeezing a very large MTB in the back.

Last edited:
Hope the race is going well mate! Would love to ride round the ring, the nearest i got was riding around the whole perimeter of the track. Took a lot longer than i thought :smiley:

Liam - that first one is fricking awesome! :drool::001_tt1:

Last edited:
Thanks roger, thats in training getup. Race day includes carbon wheels too :smile: Ill admit Ive got a bit of a fetish for carbon fibre...

Have you got any links to the stuff you bought mate?

Me?

The Ibis is spec'd with..
Full Sram XO Carbon group with Nior carbon cranks
DT swiss Carbon rear shock
DT swiss Carbon XRC130 forks
Full WCS carbon bars/spost act - spost changed since pic
Nokon Cables
Avid elixar CR carbon brakes
carbon fsa k force saddle

Race wheels are DT Swiss carbon :drool: With these in its a scant 9.2 kilo's! Not bad for a 5" dually :smile:

The Cervelo is a 2008 Soloist carbon, full Campagnolo Chorus and FSA bars/stem

The privileges of working in a bike shop!

Last edited:
Hope the race is going well mate! Would love to ride round the ring, the nearest i got was riding around the whole perimeter of the track. Took a lot longer than i thought

Race starts at 3pm or 4pm on Saturday, I can't remember. I'm heading out afterwork tomorrow. One of the local restaurants that's sponsoring us is putting on a pre-race dinner Friday that I plan to inhale to help me get through the event.

I've managed to borrow a set of these lights; www.ayup-lights.com I took them out for a test ride this evening and quite impressed.

I've never got round to cycling the MTB track :worried:

A few photographs from this weekend....

Weapon of choice for the weekend
02f4cdf0.jpg
400179a3.jpg

Team sponsors
ea768e4f.jpg
633a6031.jpg
IMG_0188.jpg

The teams
IMG_0198.jpg

My team
IMG_0185.jpg

View from our camp
992bc55f.jpg
IMG_0152.jpg
IMG_0153.jpg
IMG_0210.jpg

Not sure what I'm looking at here. I may well have been wondering why on Earth I agreed to take part...
IMG_0368.jpg

Let the pain begin
IMG_0378.jpg

Kesselchen - my nemesis
4fa9c1b9.jpg

Hohe Acht
fa332e74.jpg
42018960.jpg

Karussell
6e402fe9.jpg