caged 200

nice way to add another 2 seconds to the 0-100 MPh time ;-)

I don't see the point in road caged cars sorry.

Shows people your serious. And the main reason is for us track day goers a roll over bar is an essential bit of assurance.

Shows people in serious and hopefully stop chavs in saxos and corsas sitting on my arse because they know I will just own them if I accelerate :smile:

Make sure to put some pics online. What kind of cage is it?

Cage makes a lot of sense. If you come off a B-Road at high speed (you inevitably will at some point) and roll the car multiple times, your likely to be lucky to have one.... :thumbup:

Jet Helmet, HANS safety device and 6-Point harnesses come in handy too...when you´re in the mood for looking like a douchebag at the red lights :lol:

Do you often sit in the back on a track day then ?? If not a reAr cage is pointless bearing in Mind if you were upside down all the weight is at the front in the engine ... The front the bit where there is no cage.

I have had cars with full weld in cages before ... But tbh IMO half cage , rear cage whatever you call it is just for show. But that is only my opinion

the big bar just behind your head provides strength in a roll though. Stops the whole roof caving in. Sadly roll without a helmet and that big bar will probably come in contact with your head and potentially leave you worse off.

Other benefit of a proper cage is it ties to the rear suspension turrets adding stiffness

Well they were built for the tuition cars at oulton park so I'd imagine they work seeing as their sole existence is for function and not fashion.

Did not mean to offend just my opinion mate . If it's any better I think they look cool. Don't know if I could ever strip the 197 though :-(

see, now i have 3 mates who often track their cars, and 1 out of 3 has rolled theirs.

i wouldnt bother personally with a cage that screws to seat belt points etc, but i know a few people that do

see, now i have 3 mates who often track their cars, and 1 out of 3 has rolled theirs.

i wouldnt bother personally with a cage that screws to seat belt points etc, but i know a few people that do

Just wait until it's fitted and i've got paint plans for it :smile:

Shows people in serious and hopefully stop chavs in saxos and corsas sitting on my arse because they know I will just own them if I accelerate :smile:

Not all Saxo drivers are chavs 8):angry:

You may well be the only one with a caged 200, for now!

Not something i'd do though, but at the end of the day, it shouldn't matter to you what we think, as it is all down to your personal taste :smile:

I had a cup racer cage in mine.... good luck fitting it if it is!!! You will need all you interior out and will have to cut part of the rear section and sleeve it to fit it! You wont get the front bit in easily!

Is it not one of the MSV cages from the clios that oulton park use?

Also, whats this pish about adding 2secs to your 0-60??? I fitted mine as I was intending on tracking it (now have to sell cos of job unfortunately) so as I intedended to track it properly and not mince about I thought a cage would be a sensible addition!