Budget tyre's?

My Hankook were £76 delivered. Had them fitted free when I had the wheels refurbished. Contis were about £35 dearer, but would definitely not be worth it IMO.

IV got the Hankook V12s on mine and if you lose it on the road with these on then by default you are a plant pot. Absolutely fine for normal and fast road use. Iv even ran them at a track day and they were more than capable providing you realise you are in a road car and not a stripped down racer . Not as good as some track focused tyres that are out there for twice the price but held their own without any problems. :thumbup:

IV got the Hankook V12s on mine and if you lose it on the road with these on then by default you are a plant pot. Absolutely fine for normal and fast road use. Iv even ran them at a track day and they were more than capable providing you realise you are in a road car and not a stripped down racer . Not as good as some track focused tyres that are out there for twice the price but held their own without any problems. :thumbup:

understand this, how do they compare to the conti sport 3?

Thinking about it, the back end steps out quite regularly, i thought that's just what they did, so if I put the rear conti's on the front to keep the front end grip and put the new wankanglinglongs on the rear, job done :smile:

This all comes down to personal circumstances and preference! Some people may find that paying the extra £35/£40 is worth it, others won't. It all depends on how much you use the car, i.e everyday or just weekends. I personally only use mine at weekends so next summer i'm gona go for some Toyo R1R's or similar as i dont mind them only lasting 6000 miles ish as that's all i'll do over the summer period. Other people do way more and need a tyre that lasts longer.
It's good that everyone gives their opinions and findings on tyres (it helped me chose mine) but some points are irrelevant to me and will be to others.
Classic one for me is that some run R888's but they just arent suitable for everyone.
IMO everyone has a different + / £ ratio and its making the choice that suits you best, based on your circumstances like useage and budget.

Fin

could run mine on £20 remoulds never goes over 30 mph :jumpon::jumpon::jumpon:
with her indoors driving it lol

This all comes down to personal circumstances and preference! Some people may find that paying the extra £35/£40 is worth it, others won't. It all depends on how much you use the car, i.e everyday or just weekends. I personally only use mine at weekends so next summer i'm gona go for some Toyo R1R's or similar as i dont mind them only lasting 6000 miles ish as that's all i'll do over the summer period. Other people do way more and need a tyre that lasts longer.
It's good that everyone gives their opinions and findings on tyres (it helped me chose mine) but some points are irrelevant to me and will be to others.
Classic one for me is that some run R888's but they just arent suitable for everyone.
IMO everyone has a different + / £ ratio and its making the choice that suits you best, based on your circumstances like useage and budget.

Fin

totally agree, personal opinion based on what is required (grip, durability, price etc)

Well went for the falken ze912's in the end and had them fitted on the fronts yesterday (still contis on the rear) anyway so far so good, they apear to be a good tyre even when I gently tried to induce some understeer on a damp patchy round-about it held firm, just need to build some confidence in them before i give them hell.

Well its been a few weeks since the fitting of the falken ze912's and now having driven the car quite hard on a mixture of road conditions i can conclude by saying they are a VERY good mid range tyre (136 for a pair fitted), also I will be putting a set on my 400bhp impreza when the time comes.

I'm interested in more opinions on this. Just bought a 197 and I know itll need 2 new fronts soon.
Its the Wife's car, I'll use it at weekends and experience tells me that Michelins will give me at least 50% more miles, however the car will only do about 5,000 miles a year so it might not be worth paying the extra for Michelins
The thought of getting quality tyres for around £100 each is good though, as my other car exceeds £300 per corner :-(

ive always used tho conti's mate just booked some conti'5s to be put on the front on friday looking forward to seeing how these run in comparison the the 3s

just got two new contis on yesterday, and after running yokos for a year i have to say iam sold on the contis, 103 ponds each from camskill.....