Budget tyre's?

Where from if you dont mind me asking?

Lol at -9 though. We had -19 last winter :rofl:

Camskill..i get a 12% discount n free postage. Il dig out the discount code. Toyo's r1r/888's only.

Well you do live in that strange cold n wet place up norf! 8)

I think im gonna try and get out of the falkens and get hankooks instead.

Your choice mate and I can see where your coming from, especially as they are fairly reasonable price wise. I just find on the front of mine I have really poor lateral grip in the wet compared to the conti 3's.. not a good thing in this country seeing as it pee's down 90% of the time. Each to their own though, sounds like some people are finding them a decent tyre. Maybe I need to change my driving style ;/

Your choice mate and I can see where your coming from, especially as they are fairly reasonable price wise. I just find on the front of mine I have really poor lateral grip in the wet compared to the conti 3's.. not a good thing in this country seeing as it pee's down 90% of the time. Each to their own though, sounds like some people are finding them a decent tyre. Maybe I need to change my driving style ;/

Ah, so you don't rate the hancooks then, that's a spanner in. the works, I thought everyone who'd actually tried them rated them, I've got 235/45r18 khumo ecsta sports on my toy and they are truly shocking and give you no confidence in the car, but on the plus side I now have the reactions of a cat, having to catch it every time it goes loose :smile:

most people do rate hankooks, there was a lad on here, most people of old know of(steburns), and he is quite a good driver, he couldnt rate hankooks enough, convinced me to get some, so my next tyre change a few years later had a set put on (a few weeks ago) as for them crap in the wet, it was raining the day i had them on and thought they gripped quite well. even the independant testing of them rated them in dry and wet, says it all really

Ah, so you don't rate the hancooks then, that's a spanner in. the works, I thought everyone who'd actually tried them rated them, I've got 235/45r18 khumo ecsta sports on my toy and they are truly shocking and give you no confidence in the car, but on the plus side I now have the reactions of a cat, having to catch it every time it goes loose :smile:

I think more people rate them than not.I would go for the Hankook rather than the Falcon to be honest

not really, but again only my opinion. People used to rate Goodyear Eagle F1's and how I never killed my self in the 172 cup with them on is beyond me. Compared to the Conti Sport Contacts they had terrible understeer in the wet and under braking.

Can only base it on personal experiences, which I've had quite a lot of over the years on both road and competition. No comment on the Khumo's

I would say go with what your happy to spend. Aslong as you don't get 'ching chong ding dongs' or some other rubbish you will be fine for road driving the 197.

You bad boy driver James ??? Lol

Drive like a granny mate on the road.. maybe that's the trouble lol

most people do rate hankooks, there was a lad on here, most people of old know of(steburns), and he is quite a good driver, he couldnt rate hankooks enough, convinced me to get some, so my next tyre change a few years later had a set put on (a few weeks ago) as for them crap in the wet, it was raining the day i had them on and thought they gripped quite well. even the independant testing of them rated them in dry and wet, says it all really

Hi Ryan, didn't say they were crap in the wet, just found them not as good as the Conti 3's in one specific area, and that's only my opinion.

"I just find on the front of mine I have really poor lateral grip in the wet compared to the conti 3's.. "

I would just personally put the extra ££'s and go for a Michelin, Conti or Pirelli first that's all, but understand not everyone has that option.

Lol it doesn't bother me that much, but if one of my wishes allows me to wish for an infinity of wishes, then it would feature, yes. Lol. I just wouldn't buy any car with ditch finder 3000's on. It just goes to show how the owner has treated their car.

Agree with that, if the owner has skimped on tyres then theres a good change other things like servicing have been skimped on too

I disagree, I work in a maindealer and alot of our fanatical customers often look for a budget alternative when it comes to tiyres.

There is no such thing as a 'good' budget alternative. I wish people with performance (ish) cars would stop buying sh!te tyres!!

This! I will always try and for O.E, nothing worse than seeing something pretty focused with wang lang ditcfinder200's fitted :worried:

There's budget and then there's mid-range. I would class budget as ditchfinder 300's and Hankook, Khumo, Falken, etc as mid-range.

How much are conti's? Like £95?? For the sake of saving like 20-30quid per tyre I'd rather buy o.e or at least a premium brand, I had pilot exaltos on mine which are more than contis lol!!!

Although I have heard good things about hankooks!!

How much are conti's? Like £95?? For the sake of saving like 20-30quid per tyre I'd rather buy o.e or at least a premium brand, I had pilot exaltos on mine which are more than contis lol!!!

Damn straight! Had toyos on mine before on the front and they were ****e compared to conti sports.

cheapest I found contis was 106 delivered so need to factor in another 10 or so for fit and balance, falkens were 48 fitted.