best tyres to get.

hi guys and girls,
Hope everyone is well, I have a 2008 197 with 18,315 miles on the clock. The time has come to get some new shoes for her, i have continental sport contact 3's 215/45 R17 at the moment but really dont like them.

Whats the best make to get for grip and quality?

thanks alot.

Federal 595 RSRs seem to be getting rave reviews at the mo. a track focused road tyre is probably the best way to describe them. Much like the ones suggested above.

Depends what you are looking for. If you want some tyres that excel in dry handling you will be paying more money. Something like Michelin Exalto PE. The Continental's are very good too. You'll be paying top whack for those though, but they will be very good. I always found Conti's wear quickly.

But if you're after something more value for money, I can recommend Hankook V12 Evo's.

I wouldn't bother going for budget because they're generally budget for a reason.

Is it mainly a road car?

I use bridgestone R050's and i very impressed with them.

Depends what you are looking for. If you want some tyres that excel in dry handling you will be paying more money. Something like Michelin Exalto PE. The Continental's are very good too. You'll be paying top whack for those though, but they will be very good. I always found Conti's wear quickly.

But if you're after something more value for money, I can recommend Hankook V12 Evo's.

I wouldn't bother going for budget because they're generally budget for a reason.

good advice :wiz:

Ad08s get my vote. Awesome.

Sadly not as cheap as they were when first released, £100 a corner back then now more like 120 if you can get a hold of them.

Think all the scooby boys are buying them up.....

Yeah pretty sure any top brand, Michelin Goodyear Continental etc re fairly similar... If you look at all the online reviews they back it up.
However I've heard that the honkook v12s are pretty good aswell. Whatever you can get the best deal mate.... But as with most things, you get what you pay for.

i struggled to get much in the way of 215's, in the end i have bought some dunlop RT £115 each, really wanted the 595 rsr's but no stock anywhere and no stock or stupid delivery charges for the AD08's
dunlop_spsportmaxxrt__.png

Last edited:
i struggled to get much in the way of 215's, in the end i have bought some dunlop RT £115 each, really wanted the 595 rsr's but no stock anywhere and no stock or stupid delivery charges for the AD08's

I ordered a full set of Federal 225/45/17 595 RS-R today from mytyres.co.uk http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=35105829.110.10711&typ=R-185418&ranzahl=4&Breite=225&Herst=Federal&Quer=45&Felge=17&Speed=W&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&F_F=1&dsco=110&sowigan=So

I phoned to check they had stock first and have paid a total of £408 for 4 tyres fitted, they should be with the fitter by Thursday. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I ordered a full set of Federal 225/45/17 595 RS-R today from mytyres.co.uk http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?details=Ordern&cart_id=35105829.110.10711&typ=R-185418&ranzahl=4&Breite=225&Herst=Federal&Quer=45&Felge=17&Speed=W&weiter=0&kategorie=6&Ang_pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&F_F=1&dsco=110&sowigan=So

I phoned to check they had stock first and have paid a total of £408 for 4 tyres fitted, they should be with the fitter by Thursday. :thumbsup:

do you have 8j rims ?

yeah i could have had 225's but they rub so i wont put them on, some places wanted 70+vat delivery to isle of man, would have been cheaper for me to get the boat and collect

Had a new set of Hankook V12's fitted all round for a few months now and think they are fantastic for the money. To me, performance like Sport Contact 3's but at half the price. Winner.

Similar Thread Suggestions