Tyres best suited for the next few months?

Hi all,

Looks like I'll be shopping for 4 new tyres very shortly as the front 2 are almost slicks and the back 2 not far off, this making the car virtually impossible to use with the most recent weather in central Scotland. Is there any tyres I should be avoiding form people having bad experiences and what ones have done the job? All recommendations welcome as I am struggling for choice.

Thank you!! :thumbup:

For a good all year around tyre you can beat the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A, just be sure to get the 'A' version. Depending on how bad it gets around you a winter tyre may be the best option.

I personally don't rate the standard Contis at all.

Last edited:
The new Uniroyal Rainsport 3 is meant to be a big improvement over the already very good Rainsport 2. I don't know if they do it in Clio size though.

I've just ordered a set of winter Nokian's WR A3 in the 215 45 17 size, received good results in the comparisons I've read, cheap if compared to Conti TS830 or Michelin Alpin, definitely worth having during the winter time. Summer tyres, currently Conti SC5 - three seasons done, one more to go easily. My last set of winter Dunlop M3's have lasted 5 seasons so I wouldn't say it is such a big expense... Track day tyres are more expensive and land in the bin much faster don't they?

Similar Thread Suggestions