Best summer tyres

I am a big fan of Eagle F1s as they are really good performance wise and price wise!

If you're willing to spend extra (but also get a better tyre) then AD08Rs are a good shout and perfect if you want a road / track tyre. Annoyingly though, last time I looked I couldn't find them in 215 width :worried:

Yep, another vote from me for the Eagle F1, really good tyre for the price. Not too bad in the wet weather either.

The Nankang NS2R are quite track-biased, but seem very popular too.

[MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] may have some deals/suggestions for you.

thanks for the help the nankang ns2r look proper good but not sure they wud last very long tho what about pilot sport 3 just watched a mega vid on youtube about them

The nankangs can be had for ridiculous money at the moment. Given the fact you can buy them for 80quid a corner, you'll struggle to get something better for value for money. The medium compound will last well

I have the Yokohoma Ad08r. Very happy and will continue using them. Lots of grip in the summer and Not bad in the wet either. Price is a little steep and the compound is quite soft so they won't last long.

I have the Yokohoma Ad08r. Very happy and will continue using them. Lots of grip in the summer and Not bad in the wet either. Price is a little steep and the compound is quite soft so they won't last long.
same here..very good tyre..handles well in the wet too..

I just got a set ad08r in 215/45/17 from my local f1 autocentre the fitted price on there website was cheaper than i could find just a tire online. Think it was £113 a wheel fitted with a free alignment check

Eagle F1 is very good... Much better than OEM (conti's) in the wet. They grip for longer than the contis in the dry, but the contis were a bit more predictable

I just got a set ad08r in 215/45/17 from my local f1 autocentre the fitted price on there website was cheaper than i could find just a tire online. Think it was £113 a wheel fitted with a free alignment check
Thats a good price. Just paid £125 each fully fitted from blackcircles.com. Only really had wet weather to try them in and I'm already impressed. They give me the impression that they will be very good on a warm dry day. I have the F1s as well on my winter alloys and they're good in the damp/wet but I don't think I'd had them over the AD08r on track or a dry day.

The nankangs can be had for ridiculous money at the moment. Given the fact you can buy them for 80quid a corner, you'll struggle to get something better for value for money. The medium compound will last well

80 quid? Where?? And how much for fitting haha

Michellin Pilot Sport 3's for me (on the lolvo) £115 a corner (admittedly not in a size that is useful to you 225/40/18) and they grip VERY well in most weather (not great in sub zero temps, but it's a summer tyre so hey-ho)

They handle 350+lb-ft of torque being thrown at them on a daily basis, and aside from fairly quick wear they are great.