At A Crossroads, Need Some Advice...

Will they might be big but your a number that they couldn't give a **** about and I know that if been with my employer for 21 years and they just want rid of me as quick as they can
If this job is one that feels right go for it but if there's the slightest hesitation stay where you are

I think you need to take your dream job. You'll be happier, you'll feel better valued and probably end up getting paid more in the long run as you'll always be at the forefront of the bosses mind.

i am only young (23) but with only a small amount of wisdom i know one thing, life is short you only get to live it once if its your dream job and you dont take it you will regret it for the rest of your time on this earth. many people earn alot of money doing a job they hate and dont enjoy it, earning less but doing a job you love will be a much happier life and one not many people get the chance to live, TAKE THE JOB OFFER :smiley:

To all the people who have posted since I was last online, thanks for all your input. :smile:

I have jumped in with both feet and I've taken the job. I spent yesterday taking a McLaren MP4-12C to Hull. Tomorrow I'm off to Chester in the morning with a Maserati and then after that I'll be running a Bentley Supersport over to Newcastle. Not a bad couple of cars to start my career off with. It also looks like I'll be doing some logistical work for a couple of the teams competing at Silverstone Classic later in the summer, so if anybody is going then look out for the very shiny silver trucks.

It is an absolute dream job and after catching up with Paul yesterday and knowing his plans for the next year or so, I'm well happy. :thumbup:

Proud of ya mate, i've read both your letters to UPS, and I am horrified by the way they have treated you. At the centres that I have worked at (Gatwick and Newhaven) - it would never happen.

I can honestly say I am happy in my job, never tempted to even look, but it is clear your line manager is a total ar$ehole!!!

Glad you have done the right thing though.

Now, FCS or :ban:

Hahaha somebody take that bloody ban button off him! :smiley:

It's a shame mate, I really went into it with enthusiasm and hoping to make it my last job. I think I could've done well there given the chance but I just cannot tolerate working with people like that. I asked about the possibility of a transfer too but was told there's no chance in the division so that was what put the final nail in it really. It's not diminished my view of UPS though, the training centre was superb and the drivers were all really good lads. I hope that HR look into it and route out the problems for current and future employees at Eccles.

Cheers, onwards and upwards! Tell you what though, it's scary having ~£200k of car in the back when you're on some narrow country road. There will be no rushing on this job! :smile:

That was quick, did you not have to give any notice or anything? *

* or have you just done the **** on the bosses desk thing :lol:

Nice one Willis. Sounds like you made the right choice in the end. One question, do you get to drive all the nice cars, even if just onto the transporter?

Hahaha I emailed my old manager at UPS! Also sent a statement and full letter of resignation to my Union Rep who is going to pursue a grievance and make a complaint of bullying and constructive dismissal on my behalf. He's meeting with the UK head of HR today, he just happened to be up here anyway. Good timing.

Marv, yeah I get to drive them. Albeit only for about 100 foot, it's nerve wracking though making sure they don't catch on the floor or anything on the way into the truck. McLaren is like a spaceship inside!

Marv, yeah I get to drive them. Albeit only for about 100 foot, it's nerve wracking though making sure they don't catch on the floor or anything on the way into the truck. McLaren is like a spaceship inside!

Scrub all my previous mails :tongueout:roud: you are one lucky man. 100ft is still an experience.

:driveby:

Congratulations mate, I'm sure you will be very happy for years to come :thumbup:

You are one lucky lad that's for sure :jase2:

Congratulations! I have felt your nerves having driven a few very expensive cars with the dealership I work for $130k+.... the roads become very very narrow all of a sudden and the old people drive even worse!

Cheers everyone! :smiley:

Here's a rundown of what I've moved so far;

2012 McLaren MP4-12C
1955 Ferrari 250 SWB Spyder
2012 Bentley Continental GTV8 Mulliner

The McLaren is a masterpiece, it's very clinical and this one was very orange. But as a piece of design and technology it was truly awesome, sounded nice too.

The Ferrari was bought in Monaco last week at the RM auction for just about £600,000. One of the most stunning cars I've ever had the pleasure to see in the flesh, it is immaculate and I'm sure the eventual owner will be very happy.

The Conti' GTV8 was the first one I did 100% by myself. Ran it up to Newcastle this evening, big old car. So big infact that I had to fold the wing mirrors in to get it on and off the truck as it barely went through the door hahaha! Lovely car though, sounds much nicer than the outgoing W12s do. And the seats, well, my sofa isn't half as cumfy!

Congratulations! I have felt your nerves having driven a few very expensive cars with the dealership I work for $130k+.... the roads become very very narrow all of a sudden and the old people drive even worse!

Yes! Everything suddenly gets very close and very scary when you're in something worth as much as your house hahaha! I'm sure it'll become second nature after a while though.

Congratulations buddy! Sounds like a great job and I'm sure you'll enjoy it a hell of a lot more than driving cardboard boxes around.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bucko Clio 200 Area 9
H Clio 200 Area 0
chris1888-197 Clio 197 Area 2
cooper666 Spotted 0
Jesse James Spotted 8