Another R888 thread.....sorry

Well if they're purely for 4-5months at summer R888s would be my choice. How many miles do you think you'll do ?

They could last two years if the miles are low. I usually go through two sets a year with trackdays. Just killed my last set on Wednesday ( probably shouldn't have driven home with them tbh )

Buy a set and if you think you can't justify the cost vs fun then you've at least tried them. But once you've used a track tyre nothing compares ( on the road )

I normally get 3 full days to a set mate after that they either go blue and the tread peels off or they just refuse to grip.

I normally get 3 full days to a set mate after that they either go blue and the tread peels off or they just refuse to grip.

Sounds about rite, Wednesday there was a full day.

I rarely attend full days up here, usually only 2-4hour night sessions because of work.

They do last longer if you dont over heat them and get them like this (melting point) lol

f81753e5.gif

They do last longer if you dont over heat them and get them like this (melting point) lol

f81753e5.gif

Lol. I did that to ours at silverstone last year. However, managed to clean them up a bit and they are still useable (kinda). 1 more trackday in em I think.

If u look closely enough they actualy go blue lol. The rears were okay just the fronts melted. Oh and too hot and the tread actually just rolls off on corners lmao.

Looks right to me as well.
Exactly the same as mine after a day on Brands.
Grip was just about right also.

Depending on the temp on the day i use 30 psi all round. Thats after a hard day at oulton. I thinl that melted top layer will take a few laps to get rid of.

I think 30 is too high for the rears given they are normally 29psi IIRC. It seemed like it handled well around Oulton from the passenger seat!

its what ive always had in the tyres. never had and problems really. cant wait to get the slicks lol

I ended up on 28/30 front/back at Cadwell which seemed well balanced. Different tyres mind.