Alien Green 200 Cup *** New AG 200 (number 3) from page 85***

Been a while since the last update (RSTuning remap). Tbh, she's been neglected since we came back our holidays. Not been washed since lol. So she's looking a bit sorry for herself.

No additions to the car but today I was up at Knockhill with her. Ended the day with her own little fan club. A group (10 or so) of crazy bikers watching was blown away with her performance. Loved the effort and commitment in trying to keep up with the big boys.

Was the reverse layout, which I have to say I prefer over the standard direction. Clarkes all the way up Duffus dip is simply awesome. Though to have a chance of overtaking the big boys I had to take Duffus as fast as I could (80mph was the quickest I managed).

Thought I was gonna be slow all day as the brakes felt not too good on the road. But on the track they were simply sublime. Was on the track for 2.5 hours and left 2 hours 50 mins after it started so other than the 20 mins to go and fill the tank up again she was on track the whole time I was there. No one else came close to matching how many laps I managed.

No vids this time unfortunately as I couldn't find the memory card for the GoPro but as usual the organiser of the SIDC days was taking photos so should get them within a couple of days. Will actually get so see the drivers side this time since it was reverse direction lol.

Some decent borrowed photos there Martin, good to see the old girl putting you in your place leaving you in her wake.......!

Some decent borrowed photos there Martin, good to see the old girl putting you in your place leaving you in her wake.......!

The 182? Pa!

Wasted him. The only bits I couldn't catch it on were the straights. Nothing in it but in the corners the 200 is able to carry so much more speed (He was on R888s also).

Was an awesome day. Just well pi$$ed I've lost my GoPro memory card.

Here's a couple of really 'low res' pic's for you :smiley:
DSC06932.jpg
DSC06942.jpg
I had a cracking day again and started to settle in to the new car more by the end especially with some pointers from Rory.
As I said on T.S brakes are my only issue with the Evo so I will have to sort something out for the future.
I would say I prefer the reverse as well now that I have done two days of each, its great to be swapping back and forth though :thumbup1:
J

Excellent Chubby. Cheers for those.

It really was a superb day and definitely the best weather I've had for an event up there.

Had to purchase an emergency set of DS2500 front pads this afternoon as when I went out for a drive today I was greeted with that horrible "there's no meat left on your pad" noise.

Hopefully they don't take too long to arrive. Gonna give replacing them a go myself. Anyone got recommendations for what tool to use to push the pistons back into the caliper?

I use my fingers!

One side at a time. Just push the pistons back in.

Front pad swap is literally 5 mins once the wheel is off.

Cheers for the link Ralphy. I'll give it a try using the old hands first if some folk have managed it that way.

I have those redesigned pins so hopefully they should come out with ease.

Had to purchase an emergency set of DS2500 front pads this afternoon as when I went out for a drive today I was greeted with that horrible "there's no meat left on your pad" noise.

Hopefully they don't take too long to arrive. Gonna give replacing them a go myself. Anyone got recommendations for what tool to use to push the pistons back into the caliper?

Use the old pads, works well enough with a bit of leverage. It's a p#$$ easy job to so tbh

Halfords will sell Copperslip won't they? I'd usually "borrow" some from work but off this week so will begrudgingly have to buy my own lol.

Excellent.

Bought the photo disk of Saturday and it arrived this morning in the post. Uploading pics to Flickr then I'll stick 'em up.

Similar Thread Suggestions